European Politics

We Norwegians are doing a good job at pissing people off lately. This time around, the Turkish government is reluctant to accept apologies after somebody managed to depict no other than Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and Sultan Recep ... sorry, president Erdogan as enemies during a NATO drill.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/18/nato-apologises-turkey-erdogan-ataturk-enemy-chart

The one who was responsible has been dismissed (read: fired) from the exercise, and as far as I've understood it was not a member of the military, but a civilian contractor - anyway I find it hard to understand what more Turkey wants. Imprisonment? Well, sorry, Sultan, but in this country we don't imprison people for insulting our leaders. I can't help but feel Erdogan is using this more to benefit himself by playing the "everyone's against us" card.

Two months after the elections, negotiations for government formation in Germany failed, leaving re-elections the only realistic outcome. This is completely unprecedented in the history of post-war Germany. It is likely to be the end of Merkel, and fuel for the populists.

Cue everyone in the country starting to evoke 'Weimar' in 3...2...

I don't know, hes an old sick fuck alright. Capital punishment is a crime against humanity in my eyes. I don't think you can get more than a single life sentence in Europe. You know in our country there's not even that.

P.S. we shouldn't root for executions and such because Serbia was unwilling or unable to find him sooner. Regardless of whether he spends 5 or 25 years in the end it doesn't matter, this man is a psychopath, he doesn't feel any remorse and seven lifetimes in the prison wouldn't be a punishment for his mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions on FB about this sentence are a good way to determine whom I should un-friend. Too bad I can't "un-family" some people <_<

Capital punishment is a crime against humanity in my eyes.
Sure, I meant a life sentence for him now would effectively be a few years. If they sentenced him like 20 years ago, it would have been some punishment...

Croat war criminal Slobodan Praljak committed suicide straight after he heard he got 20 years. Drank poison. So stupid that he had access to this....

Around 30 seconds he drinks it. Around 1.12 he says "I have taken poison".

Last edited:
I saw that .. very odd that he would have access to it .. I guess it depends on what kind of poison it is .. but you would think the guards would be on the lookout for stuff like that

Back