En Vivo tracks with only Adrian's guitar

matic22

Ancient Mariner
Just found these two tracks on Youtube with Dave, Janick and most of the vocals removed. So the tracks are basicly Nicko, Steve and Adrian.
- Coming Home
- The Final Frontier

It's amazing, because it showcases a few things that could be missed from the DVD:
- How better Adrian's guitar sound has become in the few past years. Like night and day with Rock In Rio.
- The interesting things that he does to add something to the songs and play something different to Dave and Jan.
- That Les Paul sounds massive.
- The signature sound of Maiden are Nicko and Steve. Even if you remove two guitars you can hear from the plane that it's Maiden.
- TFF songs can be played with a three piece band. Won't be the same, but it works.

Oh, yeah. That's so cool. RiR separation was better, though, because there were no other instruments. Btw. if Janick and Dave are removed, I would like to hear their channels too... Especially Janick's.

Surprisingly clean playing, though his tone was much better early 00's. Rock in Rio or Death on the Road is where it's at. This is mudfest deluxe. "Massive" is exactly why it is wrong - it doesn't sound that great on its own, is indistinct and takes up room from everything else. Great to hear Steve & Nicko though.

Surprisingly clean playing, though his tone was much better early 00's. Rock in Rio or Death on the Road is where it's at. This is mudfest deluxe. "Massive" is exactly why it is wrong - it doesn't sound that great on its own, is indistinct and takes up room from everything else. Great to hear Steve & Nicko though.

IMHO Adrian's worst sound was around 2007 (look at Download), sooo thin.

This YT user has uploaded MUCH more since the first two. Check this out! A lot of Adrian, but also some Steve/Nicko tracks (great deal for those, who want to play along on guitar).

https://www.youtube.com/user/juliosmith/videos

I have an idea - they should release the live shows with some kind of mixer app to check different channels and adjust to own liking. That would be beyond cool. :p

I have to agree. His Rock in Rio tone was crisper and more defined, and this video doesn't really do him much justice. Though I never know if it's something to do with the mixing board capture on these videos...I mean, Maiden in person always sound great to me (never muddy to me). I remember during the recent Maiden England tour thinking "holy shit - I can actually hear and distinguish the actual guitar harmonies and solos". I had recently seen Meshuggah, and while I love that band, the low tuning djent stuff just didn't translate well for me (couldn't really hear the intricacies of the riffs in a live setting).

Steve's tone and playing is awesome live. There aren't too many bass players that are prominently audible in a rock concert anymore.

Back