Elitists at School

Invader said:
"lol, u like iron miadn, they r pop band, real metalheads listen to Avenged Sevenfold and Korn."

This post and topic are old, but oddly enough, almost the same thing happened to me when I was in school. This kid told me that Korn is way better than Metallica and that Iron Maiden sucks. Instead of laughing at him or kicking his ass, I decided to control my anger. But if anyone else decides to tread in those waters again, they will be responded with a nice, swift punch to the face. Violence doesn't solve much, but I'm passionate about music, and when someone directs insults at some of my favorite bands, I get pretty pissed. I know some of you don't like the "sellout" Metallica of today, but I love their albums, yes, even Load, Reload and St. Anger.

But, if someone doesn't like Maiden and think they suck, isn't that their opinion of which they have a right to? And you don't have a right to punch them for expressing that opinion.

BTW, st. anus sucks! :D IMO of course.

See? It's just an opinion. What if you don't like korny flakes? You have a right to say they suck.

Yeah, but this guy said it to annoy me and bully me, because I was kind of known as the Maiden fan. He was saying shit like pop boy bands were better than Maiden. Honestly, he has a right to his opinion, but when you say you don't like something, you don't express it like an asshole. You say "I respect your opinion, but I personally don't like Iron Maiden", or something along those lines. One of my good friends says that he doesn't like Maiden, but he doesn't say "Iron Maiden sucks!" he says he just doesn't prefer their music, and we respect each others' opinions.
Oh and St. Anger is a damn good album if you listen to it with an open mind, and expect a decent metal album, and not an 80's Metallica masterpiece.

Oh well. I still really like it. As I stated in another thread, St. Anger, Some Kind of Monster, and Frantic are great songs in my opinion. I probably prefer Reload to St. Anger, however.

1. Ride the Lightning

2. Master of Puppets
3. ...And Justice For All
4. Kill 'Em All
5. Death Magnetic
6. The Black Album
7. Reload
8. St. Anger
9. Load

For me:
1. MOP
2. AJFA
3. RTL
4. KEA
5. DM
6. TBL
7. Load/RL
8. SA

And even though I place the Loads near the bottom, there are some songs I really like on them such as  The Outlaw Torn, Hero Of The Day, Mama Said, Until It Sleeps, Unforgiven 2, Carpe Diem Baby. On the last 4, James really shows off some good singing vocals. If those 2 albums had a recording that sounded like Puppets or Justice, they would be right up there with them.

Quite frankly, I've never liked Mama Said. It just wasn't Metallica AT ALL. I know it's supposed to be an emotional song with James and all, but James should have went under a solo career or something as a side-act, while still being apart of Metallica at the same time. If you noticed, there are a bit of "James" songs in Metallica, Dyers Eve, Nothing Else Matters, The God That Failed, Mama Said, some heavier than others, but the bottom line is, they are James Hetfield songs.

Ya, it sounds more like a country song with some hard edge than anything, but I just love the end where James really belts it out singing "Let my heart go!..." Up until the Loads, I never knew he had that much of a singing voice in him.

Yeah, most metal vocalists are damn good singers. But a lot of the time when you are singing metal, especially thrash metal, you got to be yelling and growling a lot. A song like Mama Said, which took a Country direction more than anything, allowed James to show his true ability.

Not to be completely off topic, but Hetfield's voice really grates on my nerves.  I can only handle so many "ah's" at the end of every single word. 

Just ignore the bastards.

As for the violance thing, I wouldn't know anything about it. I'm huge, no one fucks with me.

Mega said:
Just ignore the bastards.

As for the violance thing, I wouldn't know anything about it. I'm huge, no one fucks with me.

I'm freaking huge too.  
EDIT: Oh you were talking about your muscles.  :angel:

Back