Elitists at School

That's not elitism, it's what they call bullying.

I knew some righteous hypocrites would give their poor 2 cents. I was threatened me with ban only because I have opinion about some issues I won't talk here and you come to say that I must grow up?! C'mon! You must have been on fights, but must have gotten your ass kicked so you're assuming everyone should chicken out. It's not nice to pick up fights, but I got blood flowing in my veins and it gets hot when some idiot wants to cross my boundaries.

Unfortunately, there are people who get on your way for nothing and like to 'bully' everyone around and everyone loves when a wanker like that gets his ass kicked. This is the movie ending all want to watch.

If that was to happen to my daughter (not a prob at minute as shes only 1 although she does have a  AC/DC shirt) they wouldnt walk again.

In short i say kill em .

I don't see what's wrong with ''acting violently'' against such coward bullies.They deserve to get their asses kicked for such provocative and insulting behaviour.Besides it's them that are asking for a fight.Politeness or sarcasm have no place here.It wouldn't have any effect or they wouldn't even understand.

Jeffmetal said:
I knew some righteous hypocrites would give their poor 2 cents. I was threatened me with ban only because I have opinion about some issues I won't talk here and you come to say that I must grow up?! C'mon! You must have been on fights, but must have gotten your ass kicked so you're assuming everyone should chicken out.

What you call chickening out I might call self control...  I mean, seriously, what SMX said.  You'd start a fight when someone has a different opinion than you and they're are expressing it in a douchebag way?

As for the elitism/bullying, I've never seen shit like this before.  The worst "elitism" I've faced is "lol, u like iron miadn, they r pop band, real metalheads listen to Avenged Sevenfold and Korn."

A guy drew on my Killers backpatch in red ink when I was in high school. I ended up suplexing him into a bench. I'm not saying that was the right thing to do but I was pretty damned pissed. I loved that backpatch.

Invader said:
"lol, u like iron miadn, they r pop band, real metalheads listen to Avenged Sevenfold and Korn."
:huh:    Major facepalm  ...ive never really come across any of the 'elitist' crap, my schools have all been pretty acceptant of anyone which has been nice... and surprising as my school has the worst rep in its area  :lol:,  in highschool we were all different in our own wierd way and by the second year we were already used to everyone.
in reply, i dont agree with the violent approach. i can defend myself and i would do if it was needed but not just if some guys running his mouth, ill deal with that and move on, better things to do  :p

oh and im in england, dunnoif this problem is different geographically?

Murder89 said:
I don't see what's wrong with ''acting violently'' against such coward bullies.They deserve to get their asses kicked for such provocative and insulting behaviour.Besides it's them that are asking for a fight.Politeness or sarcasm have no place here.It wouldn't have any effect or they wouldn't even understand.

If you don't see what's wrong with violence, you need a remedial course in social skills. No one "deserves" to get their ass kicked for anything.

If politeness or sarcasm has no effect, that's not your concern. You should still act like a sensible person, even if other people don't.

Fighting is the tactic for people who can't handle adversity in a mature manner.

SinisterMinisterX said:
If you don't see what's wrong with violence, you need a remedial course in social skills. No one "deserves" to get their ass kicked for anything.

If politeness or sarcasm has no effect, that's not your concern. You should still act like a sensible person, even if other people don't.

Fighting is the tactic for people who can't handle adversity in a mature manner.

Act like a sensible person when you are about to be beaten?
Sorry man, it seems as if you are living behind some glass wall and have no idea of such situations.Acting the way you said is like trying to communicate with someone in a different language.It's just not going to work.
I'm not supporting any act of blind violence but when the inevitable moment comes you can't act sensibly.And in this case things could go off hand very easily.You have to be ready for anything and certainly a few sensible words is not an option.Some people have some dignity.If this happened to me or a friend I would fight back.And trust me, it works.
Once you get their asses beaten they won't trouble you any more.If you show them any signs of weakness that's when they will come after you once in a while.

Hold on. Revelations85 said that this was resolved without a fight.  So, why should one go around picking a fight if it doesn't need to happen?

Now, obviously, if someone is protecting their children, spouse, friend from a violent situation, then that is one thing.  But to start a fight, just to hit first?  Nah, I don't buy that.  Violence happens when diplomacy fails.  You have to try first. 

Murder89 said:
Act like a sensible person when you are about to be beaten?

First of all, as Wasted said, that was never the case in this thread, that I'm aware of. The situation is: some nutwads talking shit about Maiden fans, and suddenly I saw people jumping to violence. That's not right.

Second: yes, even if I am about to be beaten, I act sensible. On very rare occasions, that may mean defending myself with violence. The other 99.99% of the time, I'll either walk away or take the beating. I believe in non-violence, and I have taken beatings in the past because of that.

Tell me, which requires more backbone: giving in to the urge to fight, or holding to your principles even when you know it may hurt?

Violence is never the answer, unless the question is "what is never the answer?".

SinisterMinisterX said:
The other 99.99% of the time, I'll either walk away or take the beating. I believe in non-violence, and I have taken beatings in the past because of that.
What if taking that beating puts you in the hospital and ends up doing permanent damage to you? You'll then wish you had fought back. Or worse yet, what if it's so bad that it literally kills you?

SinisterMinisterX said:
First of all, as Wasted said, that was never the case in this thread, that I'm aware of. The situation is: some nutwads talking shit about Maiden fans, and suddenly I saw people jumping to violence. That's not right.

Second: yes, even if I am about to be beaten, I act sensible. On very rare occasions, that may mean defending myself with violence. The other 99.99% of the time, I'll either walk away or take the beating. I believe in non-violence, and I have taken beatings in the past because of that.

Tell me, which requires more backbone: giving in to the urge to fight, or holding to your principles even when you know it may hurt?

Violence is never the answer, unless the question is "what is never the answer?".

This turned into a fairly interesting philosophical debate.  My own view is that one should never instigate violence, but sometimes it can't be avoided.  Obviously, if someone attacks you, you have the right to defend yourself, though often the safest reaction -- albeit not the most macho -- is to run.  (I would not recommend SMX's advice of passively taking a beating, unless you fear a threat of escalated violence in which you can't defend yourself, i.e., if you fight back then the guy will pull a gun or his buddies will jump in and pummel you too.)  What to do about bullies is a gray area, particularly if you are being regularly hounded at a place like school, where it can be a daily problem that you can't really avoid even if you were so inclined.  Telling the teachers is an option, but they won't always be there to save you, and it's fairly emasculating.  My son just started school, and though he is currently bigger than most other kids, as a parent I have thought about how I would advise my children to deal with bullies.  I'm not sure what I will say if and when the issue comes up, but I don't think I would totally rule out advising him to stick up for himself, with his fists if needed, though preferably with his wits.  In some cases, the best defense is a good offense. Plus, as a life lesson, it may be better to teach your kids to stick up for themselves and be a fighter than to be a victim or be dependent on others to save you.  I'll say this, though:  If you're going to throw down with a bully, better to do so if there are plenty of people around to stop the fight before you get badly hurt, in the event the bully really is bigger and tougher than you. 

I think taking a beating is too extreme. You must defend yourself, set boundaries. To take Deano's example of the backpatch... yes, his reaction was extreme, but I'm sure that other guy never touched Deano's back pack again... People will push you as far as you let them. Sometimes those boundaries  can be set verbally/peacefully, but if I am threatened with physical violence and it cannot be avoided... I will defend myself. There is a time and place for things... including violence.

Invader said:
What you call chickening out I might call self control...  I mean, seriously, what SMX said.  You'd start a fight when someone has a different opinion than you and they're are expressing it in a douchebag way?

As for the elitism/bullying, I've never seen shit like this before.  The worst "elitism" I've faced is "lol, u like iron miadn, they r pop band, real metalheads listen to Avenged Sevenfold and Korn."

Your comment is totally misplaced here.

I agree with what some of the people here are saying. I would almost never resort to violence (I am one of the smallest guys I know) but if worst came to worst, I would at least attempt to protect myself. Fortunately, in this case, I was in a group of about 10 people, and I'm usually good at talking my way out of confrontations.

SinisterMinisterX said:
What the sam hill is wrong with you people?

You'd resort to violence over a couple guys talking shit? Really?

I suspect anyone saying such things has never been in a real fight. Never gotten their ass kicked.

Seriously, think about it. If you're willing to get violent over this, you're even worse than the shit-talking punks. Grow up already.
I was actually joking...

Jeffmetal said:
Your comment is totally misplaced here.

Please explain.  You disagree with me, or you think I'm talking about something else?

As for the self-defense thing, I'd support the self-defence camp; but I would not hit first as a pre-emptive action.  And, if the option presented itself, I'd withdraw (run away, if you will) if it was the most sensible thing to do.  And it usually is, especially considering future repercussions (e.g. the other guy reports you to the police/sues you/comes back with a few friends).

Back