Elitists at School

Revelations85 said:
I was wearing my Killers shirt today at school (yes, I know, shirts, but it's backstory), and two shady looking guys are walking in the halls going the same way as me. One was wearing a NoTB tour shirt. The other: "Give me your shirt". I laughed, because I thought he was joking. Apparently, he was not, and went on asking me to take off my shirt and give it to him.

Did you give them your shirt? and if you did, did you ever get it back?

To take Deano's example of the backpatch... yes, his reaction was extreme, but I'm sure that other guy never touched Deano's back pack again...

He didn't Onhell and there is more to the story. The guy was a total prick and there was more involved than just that incident. It felt good at the time to lay him out and if I were 15 again, I would dare to say that I would do the same thing. Those were different times anyway. My reaction would not be the same at the age I am now and, because of the nature of my business, I have evolved into loathing violence. There are other avenues to resolving conflict and those should be exhausted before resorting to physical conflict; but yeah, some people are knuckleheads and just don't get it and I definitely wouldn't let someone take my Killers shirt.

Invader said:
As for the elitism/bullying, I've never seen shit like this before.  The worst "elitism" I've faced is "lol, u like iron miadn, they r pop band, real metalheads listen to Avenged Sevenfold and Korn."

I get that every time is see one of my friends, apparently maiden isnt heavy enough to be  metal.

I didn't want to post here because it wouldn't feel right, tossing an opinion that can influence a young person i don't even know.
But since OP's situation is resolved, here's my 2x10^-2.

If somebody has something against you (no matter how stupid the issue, or how false), always try to avoid violence and conflict. This requires some assessment...is the other person just the barking dog or is he really prepared to get physical? Former, walk away with a big "i don't give a fuck" on your face. Latter...strike first when you feel it.

In a way i think that SMX is right. You need to stick to your principles. Well my principle is that i don't tolerate idiots. Harmless idiot, i'll walk away because i don't want to hear his shit. Dangerous idiot, well i can't just do that because i might get slapped on the back of my head. Preemptive strike.

Luckily, i never had that kind of situation since my school days.
When someone does something to someone you care for...it's totally different situation. I'm sorry, but i have really big guilt trips if i don't hand that someone a lesson. Be it verbal or physical. Again it depends on situation.

Advice to Revelations85, try to bug them off with your brains. Hope for the best, but be prepared for worst.
In any case, when i was your age, i had pointless fights and fights that were little less pointless. Sometimes i got beaten, sometimes opposite. Now i see it as a normal part of growing up.
However, seeing what kind of monsters walk the school hallways these days, getting into a pointless fight can turn into falling on somebody's knife. Be smart.

One other note:  Though difficult, it is best not to react emotionally.  Don't be overcome by fear or anger.  Keep your cool as best you can.  Reacting to a threat with violence because you are angry or scared is almost certainly not a good idea.  Reacting to a threat with violence because you have coolly calculated that it is your best strategy, or that you have no other palatable option, is at least defensible. 

IMPORTANT NOTE:  Any advice on this thread is worth exactly what you paid for it -- zero.  We ain't Sun Tzu. 

Revelations85 said:
I was wearing my Killers shirt today at school (yes, I know, shirts, but it's backstory), and two shady looking guys are walking in the halls going the same way as me. One was wearing a NoTB tour shirt. The other: "Give me your shirt". I laughed, because I thought he was joking. Apparently, he was not, and went on asking me to take off my shirt and give it to him.

Actually you could have just called him gay for wanting you to take your shirt off, lol.

Suicidehummer said:
Actually you could have just called him gay for wanting you to take your shirt off, lol.

Kind of like: " I feel uncomfortable taking my shirt off in front of you, as I can see the way you're looking at me, and I'd just like to say that even though I have nothing against your homosexuality, I personally don't feel being half-naked in front of you."  Got to do it in a serious, yet concerned tone.  That ought to throw him off, unless he is a completely dumb dude that just smashes everything he doesn't understand/like, in which case get ready for a showdown.

There are some crazy people out there. I ran into an adult woman in Wal-Mart wearing a Batman shirt, so I said, "dunununununun BATMAN!" (he's my favourite superhero next to Bruce Dickinson), and she got in my face and threatened to beat me up. She was, like, thirty-years-old. I'm sixteen.

I agree most with cornfed. That's true in arguments as well. Fight with your mind and not with your emotion.

I like GK's response. :D

Genghis Khan said:
Kind of like: " I feel uncomfortable taking my shirt off in front of you, as I can see the way you're looking at me, and I'd just like to say that even though I have nothing against your homosexuality, I personally don't feel being half-naked in front of you."  Got to do it in a serious, yet concerned tone.  That ought to throw him off, unless he is a completely dumb dude that just smashes everything he doesn't understand/like, in which case get ready for a showdown.

Yeah or once your shirt is off, start unbuttoning your pants. :lol:

Moonchild33 said:
There are some crazy people out there. I ran into an adult woman in Wal-Mart wearing a Batman shirt, so I said, "dunununununun BATMAN!" (he's my favourite superhero next to Bruce Dickinson), and she got in my face and threatened to beat me up. She was, like, thirty-years-old. I'm sixteen.

I agree most with cornfed. That's true in arguments as well. Fight with your mind and not with your emotion.

I like GK's response. :D

Sounds like she thought you were making fun of her.

Which is why I explained, "No I was being serious because I love Batman," (I too was wearing a Batman shirt that day), and she still continued to threaten me. -__- I rolled my eyes and walked off.

I really have to agree with you on that one. Fights occur, whether in schools or colleges, but what we should always remember is that we should never be the one who starts the fight, try to compromise the situation, which is the best thing that as a civilized person conscious of both people’s health can do. However, if he hits you first or he pushes you too hard, then don’t back down. Throw in some heavy punches. Like the old saying goes, never be the one who starts the fight but always be the one who ends it

Suicidehummer said:
Probably still thought you were BSing her. Then again, WalMart shoppers ain't too smart in general.
I'm offended!!  :lol: just joking

Well, it happened again today. Twice. Not the shirt stealing, but the "Aren't you too young to remember Iron Maiden?" bit again. The first time, I asked how old he was. He answered 18. Isn't he a little old for school?... The second time, I said "What does that mean? That doesn't even make sense..." And of course, he just said "Well, you're a little young." What does that have to do with it?

:wtf: You're never too young to be a Maiden fan! I've read that some people first got into Maiden when they were like 6 years old and have been huge fans ever since.

Travis_AKA_fonzbear2000 said:
:wtf: You're never too young to be a Maiden fan! I've read that some people first got into Maiden when they were like 6 years old and have been huge fans ever since.
Exactly! And this combined with the fact that a person that was okay with me before decides to say I"m a "Useless piece of shit" for commenting on his Facebook status, I'm waiting for Ashton Kutcher to tell me I've been Punk'd, or to find out that The Twilight Zone was coming out with new episodes, and that I'm the star. On the plus side, I saw someone with Piece of Mind shoes.

I'm a fan since 3 years old (1985). :edmetal:

Revelations85, I guess you're dealing with closet fags. Don't beat them 'cos they'll probably love it. Just avoid. :bigsmile:

Back