Ed Hunter CD

That listing is way overpriced IMO. You can probably find it for single digits. CDs are weird in my experience. They get really overpriced on the internet but if you are patient and search in the wild they’ll eventually turn up cheap. I think I paid $10 for mine.

It was never expensive. It was around $20 brand new when I got mine back in 2000, as I recall. The game sucks. The studio version of "Wrathchild" with the Bruce vocal is interesting, but I don't know if one interesting track is worth the price of this whole package.

Pretty much, that plus the game not being compatible with most modern systems without additional software makes it pure bargain bin material.

The “holy grail” of Maiden compilations on CD is the double disc “box set” version of Best of the Beast. You get Virus and the complete Soundhouse Tapes (including a track not originally on the demo). For a CD that can be hard to find and fetches pretty high prices. Bonus points if you get the quadruple vinyl. :dancinggeek:

That listing is way overpriced IMO. You can probably find it for single digits. CDs are weird in my experience. They get really overpriced on the internet but if you are patient and search in the wild they’ll eventually turn up cheap. I think I paid $10 for mine.
Do you by any chance have a copy of the Futureal CD you'd be willing to sell?

Pretty much, that plus the game not being compatible with most modern systems without additional software makes it pure bargain bin material.

The “holy grail” of Maiden compilations on CD is the double disc “box set” version of Best of the Beast. You get Virus and the complete Soundhouse Tapes (including a track not originally on the demo). For a CD that can be hard to find and fetches pretty high prices. Bonus points if you get the quadruple vinyl. :dancinggeek:

Complete Soundhouse is only on the vinyl. Strange World and Iron Maiden are on the 2 CD with the other two tracks being b-sides of the Virus single.

Good luck finding one. Back when I collected Maiden items this turned out to be the hardest one to find and was the only regular single I didn't have.

yep it's the rarest, not sure if it got a release to stores in EU or North America, I don't think it did, but in UK it was definitely only available as mail order from the fan club with I think 5,000 copies only. Wasting Love and Lord of the Flies are rare enough as they didn't have a UK release, but they were at least definitely in stores in some territories.

I have the 2cd Best Of box and the Futureal cd with the poster. Am I rich?

Not rich, but you'ld get more than an average cd for them. If I was looking now I'd probably be waiting a while to find them at the right price but I'd say getting both for less than a combined €70 wouldn't be too much trouble. There's decent soundings copies of both on discogs at the moment that add up to a combined €75, and approx 25 of that is the postage.

Not rich, but you'ld get more than an average cd for them. If I was looking now I'd probably be waiting a while to find them at the right price but I'd say getting both for less than a combined €70 wouldn't be too much trouble. There's decent soundings copies of both on discogs at the moment that add up to a combined €75, and approx 25 of that is the postage.
Must have a hoke an see what nick mine are in and how much postage would be, maybe I can take your money. Although Im veeeery slow at this kind of thing, normally.

maybe I can take your money.

Nah, I have these, bought the Futureal off the FC when it was released, and Ed Hunter from a shop when it was out. Also, have the US version of Ed Hunter that has the hidden track Wrathchild '99 on it, a new recording of Bruce dubbed over the original Killers version of Wrathchild.

yep it's the rarest, not sure if it got a release to stores in EU or North America, I don't think it did, but in UK it was definitely only available as mail order from the fan club with I think 5,000 copies only. Wasting Love and Lord of the Flies are rare enough as they didn't have a UK release, but they were at least definitely in stores in some territories.
Futureal was definitely not limited to the fan club. I bought my copy in a local music shop. Back in the day there was a shop near where I worked that sold cds/vinyl and some instruments and the guy who owned it knew I was a maiden fan. I popped in one lunch time to have a browse and he pulled out the futureal cd and said it had just come in that day and did I want it. Snapped it up :)

AND it has got the sticker for Melt, the video game that is the "ancestor" of Ed Hunter, and which was never released.

Same. Two cd cardboard box/book edition of Breast of the Beast, and no MELT sticker. Also, my 1st Edition Eddie's archive has the number on a foil sticker outside of the case, instead of on the family tree thing.

Edit: Speaking of cool big fat box CDs, earlier this year or last year or some year prior, I secured myself an original pressing Japanese Deluxe Copy Of The X Factor, complete with second CD with the three absent tracks. I feel like that album should get a 90 minute triple vinyl edition with those tracks slotted in between the slower tracks. All three tracks are quite good.

Back