early days II

Remember Bruce kept announcing shows in Summer 2008 with an Egyptian stage set during the last tour (at least in Paris, he did so).

Right, so the next logical question is 'What shows are going to be on the DVD'?

Obviously, Live After Death, in it's entirety.  What songs were filmed for this, because I know the guitar solo after Powerslave, Losfer Words and Sanctuary weren't on the CD/LP, but Sanctuary was on the video (I think...I haven't seen it).  If it's going up to 7th Son, that means Maiden England will be there as well.  Two pretty good shows for sure, but Bruce's voice is shot on both of them...just a pity they didn't have full half-decent footage of 'Beast Over Hammersmith'... :(

Were any shows recorded for the 'No Prayer' tour?  I know that 'Somewhere in Time' footage is low quality and rare, but they'd have to find another few shows for the first disc, if it's going to be similar to 'Early Days'.

Well, considering the footage of the 'Tailgunner' video and the unproportionally large number of live B-sides from 'No Prayer', I'm pretty sure there's some usable material for that tour.

As for 'Somewhere In Time'- just let them surprise us.

Raven said:
Were any shows recorded for the 'No Prayer' tour?  I know that 'Somewhere in Time' footage is low quality and rare, but they'd have to find another few shows for the first disc, if it's going to be similar to 'Early Days'.
They had the cameras out for the Wembley gig during the No Prayer tour - I should now, I was there. :D The footage was used for the "Bring Your Daughter" video.

Albie said:
They had the cameras out for the Wembley gig during the No Prayer tour - I should now, I was there. :D The footage was used for the "Bring Your Daughter" video.

Haha...reminds me of the 'They Sold Their Souls For Rock 'N Roll' DVD...now that's a good laugh! :D

just thinking about the early days stuff. are they going to do one of the x factor n virtual 11 because as it may be that we like them and it would be cool to see those songs played live again.

so basically my question is are they are going to be doing one of the x albums

just thinking about the early days stuff. are they going to do one of the x factor n virtual 11 because as it may be that we like them and it would be cool to see those songs played live again.

so basically my question is are they are going to be doing one of the x albums

Good question.  The Early Days booklet says "Welcome to the first installment in the story of one of the best loved bands in the world."  First of how many, I wonder.  It would be pretty cool to see four parts, with even the reunion times covered.  Feasible?  The documentary would be nice, but then again, the live stuff would probably just be along the lines of Rock in Rio...  And how "historical" would it be by then?  But the Blaze Years should be covered at least, even if they skip the reunion days.

Well,  if they're planning on doing the reunion days (which I kinda doubt),  by the time they do it,  they will be quite "old" ;)

i hope they do make a documentry on at least up to the blaze days i have read the book run to the hills and i would just like to see the band all tell there versions of the storys

And I would like to see some proper spelling, capitalisation and punctuation.

wasted-years said:
i hope they do make a documentry on at least up to the blaze days i have read the book run to the hills and i would just like to see the band all tell there versions of the storys

Speaking of that, does anyone know if anything has been said about an AMOLAD-era update of Mick Wall's biography?  I don't know if I'll get it, one update from the definitive edition (which I presume the 15th Album edition will be)...

Expect the new chapters "Death On The Road", "Death On The Road - The DVD", "The Early Days", "The Early Days Tour", "A Matter Of Life And Death" and "A Matter Of Live And Death - The CD and DVD".

Perun said:
Expect the new chapters "Death On The Road", "Death On The Road - The DVD", "The Early Days", "The Early Days Tour", "A Matter Of Life And Death" and "A Matter Of Live And Death - The CD and DVD".

Fun all round, then, forking out another 15 quid for a few bonus tracks extra chapters...now where have I heard that before...record companies?  Nah! :p

And, of course, the six brand new chapters will make for a grand total of 23 more pages.

I've seen no need to "update" my second edition biography. It's not really all that good anyway.

For Somewhere on Time, they filmed (i think) the Sheffield show for the SIASL video, and I think there's a gig in Japan that was filmed (part of it on 12 Wasted Years).  As for No Prayer, they filmed a show in Belfast, and Wembley too.

I hope they bust out Rock in Rio instead of LAD and Donington'88 instead of Maiden England

Perun said:
And I would like to see some proper spelling, capitalisation and punctuation.

yur, In the rong "place for" that there? :huh:

edbaldhead said:
yur, In the rong "place for" that there? :huh:

I read that sentence five times, tried to understand it and tried to come up with some sort of witty response, but in the end I just have to say: "What?"

Perun said:
I read that sentence five times, tried to understand it and tried to come up with some sort of witty response, but in the end I just have to say: "What?"
Good,  I thought I was the only one who didn't get it  :p

I´m looking forward to the next part alot.  :)

We´ll see when it will hit the shops. I will buy it for sure. B)

Back