Dutch people?

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Bit of a silly question, but what does 'extravasatie' mean? All I know is that it's a Dutch medical term but I want to know what it means in English [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks for the help!

That's not much help... anyway there are plenty of diccionary sites online! might what to visit one [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Tried them but they didn't help much [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Anyone know?

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Nov 22 2003, 10:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Nov 22 2003, 10:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Bit of a silly question, but what does 'extravasatie' mean?  All I know is that it's a Dutch medical term but I want to know what it means in English [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks for the help! [/quote]
extrauterien = outside the womb
extravagant = 1 extravagant 2 fool
extravert = 1 outside turned; with a look on the outside world

This is tough one, these are the most similair words I could find. I hope they will help you.

Thanks for the help, Djaser! I'll see if they help [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I've never actually heard this word, but "extravascular" would mean "outside the blood vessels" or something like that. Of course that's English, not Dutch, but at least it's a medical term with the same first 8 letters...

[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Nov 25 2003, 12:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Nov 25 2003, 12:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I've never actually heard this word, but "extravascular" would mean "outside the blood vessels" or something like that.  Of course that's English, not Dutch, but at least it's a medical term with the same first 8 letters... [/quote]
Yes that's it, I found it on an online medical dictionairy.
[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Well I've got a few medical dictionaries but this word isn't in any of them. I recently found out I have an obscure medical defect myself so it's rekindled an interest in medical terminologies, diseases, defects etc.

This, however, is something I don't think I have but I'm curious to know what it means.

That could be because the dictionary I used was Dutch, [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Nov 25 2003, 10:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Nov 25 2003, 10:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I recently found out I have an obscure medical defect myself [/quote]
Tell...

It's called Pectus Excavatum, it's a deforming of the rib cage. Mine sticks out quite a lot on one side, then suddenly goes right in on the other side. It might be part of something called Marfans Syndrome which is Pectus Excavatum, a heart murmur and a weak main artery. I have a heart murmur as well, so I'm going to the doctors soon so I can find out if I have Marfans or not. If I don't then great. If I do it's nothing serious as long as I have it checked every so often.

I'll let you know what the results are!

OK, I hope it's not too serious. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Back