Dutch people?

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Bit of a silly question, but what does 'extravasatie' mean? All I know is that it's a Dutch medical term but I want to know what it means in English [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks for the help!

Onhell

Infinite Dreamer
That's not much help... anyway there are plenty of diccionary sites online! might what to visit one [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Tried them but they didn't help much [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Anyone know?

Djaser

Trooper
[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Nov 22 2003, 10:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Nov 22 2003, 10:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Bit of a silly question, but what does 'extravasatie' mean?  All I know is that it's a Dutch medical term but I want to know what it means in English [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Thanks for the help! [/quote]
extrauterien = outside the womb
extravagant = 1 extravagant 2 fool
extravert = 1 outside turned; with a look on the outside world

This is tough one, these are the most similair words I could find. I hope they will help you.

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Thanks for the help, Djaser! I'll see if they help [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

SinisterMinisterX

Illuminatus
Staff member
I've never actually heard this word, but "extravascular" would mean "outside the blood vessels" or something like that. Of course that's English, not Dutch, but at least it's a medical term with the same first 8 letters...

Djaser

Trooper
[!--QuoteBegin-SinisterMinisterX+Nov 25 2003, 12:37 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(SinisterMinisterX @ Nov 25 2003, 12:37 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I've never actually heard this word, but "extravascular" would mean "outside the blood vessels" or something like that.  Of course that's English, not Dutch, but at least it's a medical term with the same first 8 letters... [/quote]
Yes that's it, I found it on an online medical dictionairy.
[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
Well I've got a few medical dictionaries but this word isn't in any of them. I recently found out I have an obscure medical defect myself so it's rekindled an interest in medical terminologies, diseases, defects etc.

This, however, is something I don't think I have but I'm curious to know what it means.

Djaser

Trooper
That could be because the dictionary I used was Dutch, [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

A

Anonymous

[!--QuoteBegin-The Ancient Mariner+Nov 25 2003, 10:40 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(The Ancient Mariner @ Nov 25 2003, 10:40 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I recently found out I have an obscure medical defect myself [/quote]
Tell...

The Ancient Mariner

Ancient Mariner
It's called Pectus Excavatum, it's a deforming of the rib cage. Mine sticks out quite a lot on one side, then suddenly goes right in on the other side. It might be part of something called Marfans Syndrome which is Pectus Excavatum, a heart murmur and a weak main artery. I have a heart murmur as well, so I'm going to the doctors soon so I can find out if I have Marfans or not. If I don't then great. If I do it's nothing serious as long as I have it checked every so often.

I'll let you know what the results are!

A

Anonymous

OK, I hope it's not too serious. [!--emo&:(--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'sad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]