Dream Theater

Vote for Portnoy in BBE game! :D

That’s interesting, I remember hearing he was in med school a few years ago. I wonder if he’ll ever do another album. Last one was about 6 years ago with OSI I think.

That’s interesting, I remember hearing he was in med school a few years ago. I wonder if he’ll ever do another album. Last one was about 6 years ago with OSI I think.
He's been releasing Chroma Key demos for some time now, and has a Patreon.

I ordered the albums within tiers as well, so the left album is the strongest within that group. The C tier was the most difficult to order.

ab6e6689203c6a9d35f9ca6314e5a251.png

I can't get over how great the guitar solo in Razor's Edge is. It's not flashy heavy metal shreddery (except for that one lick at the end) but a rather calculated approach. The notes are all where they need to be and the tension keeps rising till the very end. Not just the solo, but Razor's Edge is one magnificent end to an epic song altogether.

The bottom link is Petrucci's isolated solo. I love hearing the nuances of every single note.

Got the 2 disc blu ray/3 disc cd version of Distant Memories Live in London. Love it! Full set from 1 night plus Paralyzed from the other. When I saw them in leg 1, they weren't playing At Wit's End yet so awesome it is encore on this live package. I also greatly enjoy A Nightmare to Remember performance!

Really like the video because camera stays on John P during his solos (what a concept); unlike Maiden live video that tries to induce epilepsy with so many camera changes.

Sound is nice and loud but (at least on video version), James' vocals sound too low in the mix to me. Jordan's keyboards could be a bit louder too (guess this is what happens when the guitarist is the producer!).

Glad John P put his guitar in the right channel (unlike DOT studio lp) so we hear him from same pov we see him.

All in all, a nice souvenir of the show.

Back