Dream Theater

"We are thrilled to announce that we are FILMING both of the shows in London at the Eventim Apollo later this week for a future release! We have one request to our fans attending these shows - make yourself heard! We want you to rock out and be the best crowd you can be for us. This is your chance to immortalize yourself in Dream Theater concert film history "

Hopefully it's different sets!

I think they were playing Pull Me Under or Metropolis Part 1 as the encore for awhile.

I think they were playing Pull Me Under or Metropolis Part 1 as the encore for awhile.

That sounds right. I remembered thinking it was odd that they didn’t play At Wit’s End because I think it’s one of the better songs on that album. I also recall them rotating Paralyzed and Fall Into the Light, with us thankfully getting the latter.

I would have liked to have heard S2N. That ending is awesome.

They were playing Pull Me Under in the encore on the first tour leg a year ago but they dropped it for At Wit's End when the second American leg started.

"We are thrilled to announce that we are FILMING both of the shows in London at the Eventim Apollo later this week for a future release! We have one request to our fans attending these shows - make yourself heard! We want you to rock out and be the best crowd you can be for us. This is your chance to immortalize yourself in Dream Theater concert film history "

@Black Wizard
I'm going to be there. Both shows. It's going to be great l, really great. I'm going to be loud, so loud. Nobody will be louder than me.

I probably won't be able to spot myself, although I nearly got a front row seat for the Saturday show. Sadly somebody else snapped it up just before I could get it.

display

I've definitely been to a couple of shows which were filmed for release. Iron Maiden's Donington 2007 show was filmed but as we know it hasn't seen the light of day, and Kreator's show in London in December 2018 was recorded and has been/will be released this month.

Gave Metropolis Part 2 a spin on vinyl today. I'm still amazed by the albums sheer brilliance, although I feel like The Spirit Carries On needs the extended solo from Score added onto it and The Dance Of Eternity still hasn't grown on me but the rest of the album is awe inspiring. I really hope they hit the Western United States and Canada at some point on this tour, should it continue.

Gave Metropolis Part 2 a spin on vinyl today. I'm still amazed by the albums sheer brilliance, although I feel like The Spirit Carries On needs the extended solo from Score added onto it and The Dance Of Eternity still hasn't grown on me but the rest of the album is awe inspiring. I really hope they hit the Western United States and Canada at some point on this tour, should it continue.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't love Dance of Eternity. Frankly, I consider it the weakest track on the album. Such an epic name and such a "meh" execution of said idea. Thankfully the rest of the album is brilliant. While Awake is my favorite, I still think of Metropolis Pt II as their best.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't love Dance of Eternity. Frankly, I consider it the weakest track on the album. Such an epic name and such a "meh" execution of said idea. Thankfully the rest of the album is brilliant. While Awake is my favorite, I still think of Metropolis Pt II as their best.

I completely agree with your statement regarding Dance Of Eternity. I'm not a fan of instrumentals which does impact my enjoyment, but still it remains the only track I would have skipped on the entire album. Like even the reference to Metropolis Part 1 in the title should have been reserved for a far more epic track.

I agree that I would most likely skip The Dance of Eternity out of all songs on the album. It’s impressive for its time signature changes but kind of boring to listen to.

Not saying it doesn't have any of that, just... sooo much build up for.... that. Erotomania and Stream of Conciousness are much more engaging as far as their instrumentals go.

In fact, I wouldn't have such a problem with it if it weren't for the fact its titled THE DANCE OF ETERNITY. I wanted something more epic, it needed to be something more epic. HOME is more epic than the fucking dance of supposed eternity. Finally Free is more epic. THAT'S my beef.

Not saying it doesn't have any of that, just... sooo much build up for.... that. Erotomania and Stream of Conciousness are much more engaging as far as their instrumentals go.

In fact, I wouldn't have such a problem with it if it weren't for the fact its titled THE DANCE OF ETERNITY. I wanted something more epic, it needed to be something more epic. HOME is more epic than the fucking dance of supposed eternity. Finally Free is more epic. THAT'S my beef.

Well it's your interpretation of the title. "The Dance of Eternity" evokes a feeling of complexity, of chaos to me, not something epic. So I think the music actually fits the song title pretty well.

Well it's your interpretation of the title. "The Dance of Eternity" evokes a feeling of complexity, of chaos to me, not something epic. So I think the music actually fits the song title pretty well.
Yes, exactly. My disappointment is directly proportional to my expectations.

The Dance of Eternity isn't DT's weakest instrumental by any means, but doesn't hold a candle to Stream of Consciousness. That song has my favorite Rudess solo in it.

I don't like any of the ones on The Astonishing. I actually don't like Overture on SDOIT either. Enigma Machine is decent, but unnecessary on the album.

Back