Dream Theater

Dream Theater will play a 75-minute festival set here in Finland this summer. I'm wondering what the setlist will be, considering that they don't have time to play the whole SFAM. Also, the gig cannot be found on DT:s website which makes me wonder if it's even a part of the new album tour.

I'm currently trying to get more into DT and have no idea what they'll play in situations like this. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Dream Theater will play a 75-minute festival set here in Finland this summer. I'm wondering what the setlist will be, considering that they don't have time to play the whole SFAM. Also, the gig cannot be found on DT:s website which makes me wonder if it's even a part of the new album tour.

I'm currently trying to get more into DT and have no idea what they'll play in situations like this. Sorry if this is a stupid question.
I would probably expect a mix of new songs from the album and a few songs from SFAM. I'm curious too.

Hmm...maybe something like this?

1: Untethered Angel
2: Fall Into The Light
3: In The Presence Of Enemies, Pt. 1
4: Pale Blue Dot
5: Beyond This Life
6: The Spirit Carries On
7: Finally Free

Encore:
8: Pull Me Under
9: At Wit's End

...I'm not really sure about this setlist prediction, but it's the best I can come up with right now.

Hmm...maybe something like this?

1: Untethered Angel
2: Fall Into The Light
3: In The Presence Of Enemies, Pt. 1
4: Pale Blue Dot
5: Beyond This Life
6: The Spirit Carries On
7: Finally Free

Encore:
8: Pull Me Under
9: At Wit's End

...I'm not really sure about this setlist prediction, but it's the best I can come up with right now.
Seems reasonable at least.

I edited your set list with spoiler tags because it includes songs that are currently being played on the tour (outside of Scenes).

The topics discussed are almost frustratingly basic (save for the last one maybe), but he talks quite a bit about how Maiden influenced his guitar playing and writing. Once you hear how Number of the Beast inspired Metropolis, you might not unhear it.

Ouch.

Petrucci is good at the rock moves though
Ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

I thouhht him and Myung spent most of the concert staring at their guitars.

Rudess is boss though, I found myself watching him for most of the show.

Hm, at the show I went to he was interacting a lot with the crowd and went up onto the little ramps they had for some rock poses.

Maybe he doesn't like Canada.

I'm fairly certain that if you made a band in a video game, put the technical prowess up to 10 by sacrificing all the charisma, you'd get Dream Theater.

2002-2004 was a great time regarding the charisma. Petrucci doing the crab stance and headbanging while riffing out something really heavy off of Train of Thought is an impressive sight to behold.

Paralyzed has not been played for four shows in a row. Maybe it’s done in the setlist?

Paralyzed has not been played for four shows in a row. Maybe it’s done in the setlist?

I haven't seen Paralyzed live but based on the reaction of Fall Into The Light at the Chicago show, I can't imagine they would swap it out again. Fall Into The Light has an epic feel and a sing-a-long crowd participation section when they play it live and I'm sure they're feeling the energy from that.

Fall Into Light was awesome live and a better song overall.

Back