Dream Theater

I think that setlist is fake, I checked it earlier this morning and Pull Me Under wasn't there. I think the video was posted for the show tonight.

It needs an epic. Even just Metropolis Part 1 would be good.

I'm wondering how the band are on stage during that encore. Less robotic and more energized? Did they put together a light/video show for this or are they doing it without a click for once?

New Neal Morse tune, ft. Portnoy:

Pretty cool. I'm not digging the vocals and Portnoy's contributions are non-existent (other than a fill during the cool organ solo), but it's a solid tune. Nothing overly grabbing, though. This is the "brilliant, mind-blowing" material Portnoy was talking about that rivaled Scenes from a Memory? :rolleyes:

Rumor going around that they're now dropping some songs from The Astonishing at venues with strict curfews to accommodate the new encore songs.

I hate to sound like a constant complainer, but the band is taking a lot of missteps lately IMO. I'd be pretty disappointed if I went to see this and three songs got dropped from the album. There will always be time to hear Pull Me Under, they're only going to play The Astonishing once.

Hmm. That sounds fishy. What's your source? I can't imagine them dropping songs just to get to the encore.

Regardless of the truth of it, this tour is probably the most ill-advised and ill-handled career move they've ever done.

Dream Theater forums. Not just rumors anymore, people who went to the show are confirming it.
I was at the San Antonio show last night and I can confirm they did skip A Road To Revolution and Whispers. I think they also skipped The X Aspect. Act 2 (after the intermission) seemed to be a much shorter set than Act 1. The crowd got really pumped when they played the encore (As I Am, Spirit, and Pull Me Under). I actually loved this version of Pull Me Under with JP's current guitar sound.

Edit: It sounds like they also skipped Heaven's Cove.

Wow, that sucks. I'd be pissed. I love Heaven's Cove and if I paid for The Astonishing I wouldn't want to cut songs so I could hear Pull Me Under.

Yea. I know fans were really vocal about them doing non-Astonishing songs, but I think anyone paying to see this show wants to see the whole album.

I think it might've been better to announce this as a "selections from The Astonishing" leg instead.

I had the luck, good or bad, I don't yet know, that the Trieste, Italy, show was dropped last year due to JLB's throat problems, so I didn't get to go. However, I have only listened to The Astonishing in its entirety twice when it came out and haven't revisited it. It hasn't clicked with me at all. This might sound snobby, but the songs are too short and there's too many of them. I'm waiting for the next album and hoping they'll visit Europe again this summer with a mixed set.

This is unconfirmed from an official source, but if true we could be looking at a world tour (hopefully it's more than just Europe) with the entirety of Images & Words being played. That would surely bring the old fans back. :)

hbhdbhqmdvlx2ea8jsmj.jpg

Wouldn't be surprised if it's true. Hope it comes to the US because I've never seen any I&W song live apart from Pull Me Under.

Oh wow, hyped. "Additional dates will be announced in the coming weeks." Come to Estonia for once in your career, will you? Prolly not.

Back