Dream Theater Survivor 2013: Results Thread - A Change of Seasons wins!

Satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
We have another tie, between Glass Prison and Octavarium.

Decided to reply to this here:
Nah I'm still betting on Seasons.

Also, while I think Blind Faith is a great song, I'm perplexed as to how it has made the top six.
Me too actually. Didn't know people liked it so much. Not complaining though, it's definitely in my top ten and easily my favorite from SDOIT.

Glass Prison = First DT song I heard and still one of my favorites. Saw them play this back-to-back with This Dying Soul once; 25 minutes of the most intense and exciting live music I've ever heard.

Octavarium = I like that bass groove in the middle, the riff right after Petrucci's little European-sounding acoustic thingy, and "TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM!!!" Everything else ranges from average to painfully boring.

Glass Prison = First DT song I heard and still one of my favorites. Saw them play this back-to-back with This Dying Soul once; 25 minutes of the most intense and exciting live music I've ever heard.

Octavarium = I like that bass groove in the middle, the riff right after Petrucci's little European-sounding acoustic thingy, and "TRAPPED INSIDE THIS OCTAVARIUM!!!" Everything else ranges from average to painfully boring.

Agreed, for the exact same reasons. Glass Prison is my number 1.

The Glass Prison has grown on me immensely since I first heard it. When you think about it, a 13 minute onslaught of riffs is pretty impressive. It never gives you a break either; it's very intense. I can only imagine how awesome it is live.

The Glass Prison has grown on me immensely since I first heard it. When you think about it, a 13 minute onslaught of riffs is pretty impressive. It never gives you a break either; it's very intense. I can only imagine how awesome it is live.

It's really incredible. I was at the same show as @Detective Beauregard and it was simply amazing, especially played back-to-back with This Dying Soul. I've seen Dream Theater 3 or 4 times live, and that Train of Thought tour show was outstanding. Some of the others were nap-inducing. For reference, this was the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2004/riviera-theater-chicago-il-63d6d23f.html

It's really incredible. I was at the same show as @Detective Beauregard and it was simply amazing, especially played back-to-back with This Dying Soul. I've seen Dream Theater 3 or 4 times live, and that Train of Thought tour show was outstanding. Some of the others were nap-inducing. For reference, this was the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/2004/riviera-theater-chicago-il-63d6d23f.html
That's a great setlist! I think Honor Thy Father should have been played somewhere in there.

Anyway's Octavarium is one of the best Dream Theater songs, it's definitely better than The Glass Prison. But Blind Faith needs to go in the next round.

Very cool setlist, A Change of Seasons alone makes it awesome. Also the last tour that they performed it I think.

Only seen Dream Theater once, opening for Iron Maiden. I wasn't a fan yet, but I was sold about 30 seconds into As I Am. Great opener.

I have yet to see Dream Theater. I really want to, they've got to be amazing live. Mosh what are the chances that they'll do another American leg?

I'm pretty sure they did two NA legs on the ADTOE tour, wouldn't be surprised if that happens again. Their schedule is a bit different this time around though.

Well I hope that they come back around again, I'm just dying to see them. I don't want Iced Earth and Sabaton to be my only concert of the year.

If they do two legs the second probably won't be for another year. Also apparently there are more NA dates tba for this leg, but I'm not sure how reliable that is.

Yeah but just by looking at the dates there's no chance that they'll come to my side of the state on this leg.

I love both but my vote goes for 'Octavarium'.

I've seen them four times and the second time they played the last part of 'Octavarium'.

Top Ten:
1:
2:
3:
4:
5:
6: Octavarium
7: Breaking All Illusions
8: In the Name of God
9: Home
10: The Mirror

2 votes only now!