Do you think that "The Final Frontier" is the final album??

Re: Do you think that the Final Frontier is the final album??

No, I do not think it will be their last album...

Didn't Steve say soon after the album was announced that it was not going to be their final album? That there were plans for another two albums atleast?

Yes. I honestly do.

I know they say it's not, but I think anyone would say that, it's marketing.

My guess is, they're going to tour there new album, then do a classic tour, then call it done, perhaps playing odd festivals here and there afterwards.

To do another album means they would have to tour this album do a classic tour, release a new album and then tour the new album. You know they wouldn't retire with there last album being a new tour album so after that they would have to do another classic tour. Isn't Nicko 59? If they do another album that's another 5 -6 years. Not going to happen in my opinion.

If they're smart it will be the last one. Why? They should go while still on top and that is saying a lot considering that after 20 some-odd years they are going as strong as they are.

Anyone who trots out the talking point of "Saying it's the last album/tour/whatever is bad marketing" is someone who has failed Marketing And Common Sense 101.

I remember Steve once said that he had 15 in his head as a good number of albums to do. This, coupled with the title of the upcoming album says to me it will probably be the last. I can't help but think there will be at least one more though. Who's to say what they will feel like in 2 or 3 years time though? It would be foolish to say no outright.

Marketing in the sense of Maidens image. Going out and saying, hey this is the last time you'll be able to buy a new Maiden CD, may bring in extra dollars, but it's also not how the band wants to be seen. They want to appear active, able, and relevant. Not old, lacking creativity, and lacking the desire to still make new material. Record sales, aren't as important as Maiden's image. Image in the sense that they haven't sold out, and are not a nostalgic act.  

I think that for now anyone knows if "the final frontier" will be the last studio album...I think that steve & co. doesn't know too if there will be another studio album after this one...all depends how the band will feel in next few years (next 2 years like rod said),the best thing we can do it's to think to the present and to this studio album and this tour...

Anyway it might be their last album....I think....

God, I hope not. They're the BEST band in the world!!!!!!!!! It's all up to Steve & Co. :edmetal:

No I do not think this is their last album.  They have come out publicly {on Rockline} and said that the name Final Frontier is mere coincidence and there will be more albums AND more tours.  Or at least 1 more album.  And yah,  it would be a marketing nightmare to not scream "this is our last studio album" from the roof tops if it were their last.  This entire thread is a non issue, this question  was answered by the band months ago....

if it was thier last they would've said. Rod is a buisness man and it is his job to make an emphasis of a "farewell tour" and would've mentioned it on the press release. Farewell tours are manager's dreams as they are great promotion for selling tickets. This is why bands announce it. (e.g. scorpions, KISS) and maiden will be no exception. They've already used some marketing ploys. Real Live Tour was one Ed Huntour another.

I think it's all down to tours responses. If the shows keep at the attendance it's been since Bruce and Adrian returned, with an audience that gets more and more younger as the years go by, they'll keep going. On that short interview Fonzbear posted, Bruce says it clearly mentioning that if the audience was of his age, he'd be not coming back next year. It's up to us to show the way to Iron Maiden world to our younger relatives. :edmetal:

No, in this instance I believe that "The Final Frontier" refers to death rather than an sign that it is the final album.

In all honesty i think this will be their final album. I just can't imagine sitting here in 3-4 yers time and waiting for the realease of a album. Just can't imagine it, don't know why. I reckon Murray or Smith will release a solo record though.

I doubt its their last album.  Using a name like The Final Frontier for their last album to hint at it just doesn't seem like maiden's style.  It would be too predictable for them.  They genuinely seem to be enjoying what they are doing.  If they do another album, at least we know it will be because they WANT to.  Id hate to see (and would never expect) a half assed album in order to fulfill contractual obligations or anything of the sort.

Back