Do you think man has EVER landed on the moon?

I think man did land on the moon, but the absence of The Clangers and Dangermouse flying around in the Space Hopper looking for Greenback did make me think it might be a hoax.

As LooseCannon said, you can make a conspiracy out of anything. The thing is that people do.

[a href=\'http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html\' target=\'_blank\']http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html[/a] - a great article on the moon landings hoax. Whether you believe it or not it's an interesting read.

[!--QuoteBegin-abhi+May 21 2004, 12:22 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(abhi @ May 21 2004, 12:22 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Thanx, SMX! [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
By the weay, I found LC's post very informative and meaningful. He really is a smart bastard. [!--emo&:cussing:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/cussing[1].gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'cussing[1].gif\' /][!--endemo--]
I guess there are a lot more reasons to belive that we in fact did land on moon that to do otherwise. Some of the rock samples brought back from moon are so un-earthly, that the scientists who inspected them said that rather than faking such a stone, it'd be easier to go get one from the moon! But you've gotta admit, the conspiracy theorists have done a good job,  almost had me convinced.  This does say one thing about human perception, we only belive what we hear and see, and the deeper you look, the more you realize how little you actually know. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Completely agree with you, however, Moon rocks as well as Mars, Venus and Mercury (the Terrestial planets) are actually very much like Earth's. This means they are composed of Oxygen, Silicon, Iron and probably Aluminum (these are the most common elements found in rocks). The reason being that everything in the universe is composed of the same 92 NATURAL elements. So you won't find anything out of the ordinary out there. Apollo 15 did find the so-called GENESIS rock, which gave a clue of the Moon's origin, but the rest were mostly basalt (volcanic rock). The Jovian Planets (from Jupiter outwards) are Mostly Helium and Hydrogen because they are too far from the sun to have heated enough to form a surface like the terrestial planets. Even though I got a C (78%) in Astronomy I see it has paid off. LOL

[!--QuoteBegin-Maverick+May 20 2004, 09:45 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ May 20 2004, 09:45 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I'm surprised that no one has mentioned yet the Alpha Draconians and the landings on Mars...  [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
[a href=\'http://www.worldofthestrange.com/reftid1062.html\' target=\'_blank\']World Of The Strange: Alpha-Draconians[/a]

[a href=\'http://reptile.users2.50megs.com/cont/co110299a.html\' target=\'_blank\']Andromedan Perspective Extensive[/a]

[a href=\'http://www.wiolawapress.com/glyphs.htm\' target=\'_blank\']Alpha Draconians Seen Over Phoenix[/a]

[a href=\'http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?noframes;read=37998\' target=\'_blank\']Planet X/Niburu/Annunaki/Nephilim/Omicron Draconis [/a]

OK, I'll shut up now. [!--emo&:p--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Hmm, i have heard of this conspiracy but don't know whether or not it's true!!

I have heard that either Buzz Aldrin or Neil Armstong saw something up there that they would never talk about

I love conspiracies though and strongly believe that both JFK & Marilyn Monroe were murdered.
Saying that, i find it hard to believe Buddy Holly was??? sory going off topic there [!--emo&:unsure:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/unsure.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'unsure.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Moon rocks as well as Mars, Venus and Mercury (the Terrestial planets) are actually very much like Earth's. This means they are composed of Oxygen, Silicon, Iron and probably Aluminum (these are the most common elements found in rocks). The reason being that everything in the universe is composed of the same 92 NATURAL elements. So you won't find anything out of the ordinary out there.[/quote]

Onhell, thanx for letting me into the secret of 92 elements in the universe. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]
See, the point is not WHAT they found on the moon, rather what STATE they found it in. A sample brought back from moon would differ considerably from objects on earth in the sense that they show the effect of billions of years exposure to vacuum, no moisture, and high energy cosmic rays. They are also pitted with tiny meteoroids. None show the burned effect typical of meteorites that have landed here on Earth. It's not me, but highly qualified geologists who said, "It would be easier to just go to the Moon and get one".
So, there.[!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Oh, I wasn't disagreeing with you or the geologist, because I agree. My post refered to your "unearthly rocks" comment. But you just clarified it so thanks

One thought that gets on my mind why they haven't been on the moon. Why did they quit going there? No one has been there for 30 years. Altho it only takes about 3 days to go there.

Do you really think anyone who wants to go to the moons ONLY needs "3 days"? Aren't you forgetting about a little something called I dunno, um.. a 'purpose'? Unless one has a reasonably good cause to do so, do you think they're gonna grant them I dunno like billions of bucks?

[!--QuoteBegin-Ironeath+May 25 2004, 02:55 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Ironeath @ May 25 2004, 02:55 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Why did they quit going there? [/quote]
A. Lack of funds.

B. The main goal was to get there before the Russians. Mission accomplished.

C. The moon is dead. After getting their moon rock samples, there's really nothing else to investigate there. At least, nothing that we know of.

How much wount this new space station cost? What's strange is they've been talking more of sending people to mars than to the moon. By now they could have some kinf of a moon base and some eventually a little experience before the thought of even going to mars

I think a man going to mars is still a long time away, the main reason being that as of today, a manned expedition costs more than an unmanned one, but doesn't solve any greater purpose that remote-controlled machines can't. But my knowledge in that area is still limited. But one thing's for sure.. you won't see your reletives living on mars in your lifetime. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-abhi+May 26 2004, 09:00 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(abhi @ May 26 2004, 09:00 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] But one thing's for sure.. you won't see your reletives living on mars in your lifetime. [!--emo&:)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/smile.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'smile.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
That's too bad. I can think of at least three relatives who'd I like to send to Mars. [!--emo&:D--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/biggrin.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'biggrin.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I don't think there will ever be siginificant numbers of people living on Mars, on the Moon or on space stations. Those locations can't support life on their own, so many of the resources to support them would have to come from Earth. I doubt that any government anywhere would ever be willing to commit the vast resources needed to support a permanent Mars colony.

Back