Dislike the Artist, but Like the Song

Bon Jovi easily have 1 hours worth of fabulous material. The current incarnation and most recent album is absolutely laughable, in my opinion but I will never discount them. When a band has tunes like Dry County, Blaze of Glory, You Give Love A Bad Name, Livin On A Prayer, Bad Medicine, Dead Or Alive and (not many) more, well, they will always be alright in my book. The losers rarely play Dry County live though.
I should mention that Bon Jovi is what got me into rock music and I will never turn it off if it comes on my playlist, I meant I can see why some people would call them laughable. And yes rarely playing Dry County is a crime.

Nirvana - The Man Who Sold the World (from MTV Unplugged)
KISS - Strutter (probably because of GTA: San Andreas)

Demi Lovato - Cool for the Summer
Love this tune. Party anthem. Anything else I have heard is warbly, samey muck. Which, I accept, is how many of you might describe Cool for the Summer.

Elbow - Grounds for Divorce
Absolutely bangin tune. It bamboozles me how insipid these guys are yet they wrote a rocker like this. I got a few free tickets to see them live one time. I was prepared to leave as soon as they had played Grounds but of course they didn't play it until right near the end. It was a long night surrounded by 40 somethings in woolly jumpers swaying with their partners. Not. My. Bag.

Back