Die With Your Boots On

Discussion in 'Piece Of Mind' started by gor, Mar 2, 2004.

?

How good is Die With Your Boots On on a scale of 1-10?

1. 10

5.3%
  2. 9

17.5%
  3. 8

38.6%
  4. 7

29.8%
  5. 6

5.3%
  6. 5

1.8%
  7. 4

1.8%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Deus_Adrian

Deus_Adrian Prince of the Final Frontier

Also my favorite song from a solid but not great album. Love the solo at the end.

Who plays it? ;)

2. Saapanael

Saapanael "Get a life, punk!"

Dennis Stratton.

Deus_Adrian and Number 6 like this.
  3. Jer

Jer CriedWhenJanickStayed

A nice harmonized lead with bass accents kicks into a more driving version, giving way to a great verse with a sweet bass lead underneath. Pre-chorus 1 isn't quite as good, and pre-chorus 2 ("if you're gonna die") has some iffy group vocals. The chorus is merely OK, meandering all over the place, though it gets the job done.

Another great verse and good pre-chorus 1 before we're back into the so-so pre-chorus 2 and chorus. This kicks into an excellent solo with a nice rising bass line, then an OK harmonized section with a pretty good vocal bridge. Another excellent solo follows before returning to pre-choruses 1 & 2 and an odd variant of the chorus that ends abruptly.

Another song with brilliant sections, but some more questionable parts as well. Despite its weaknesses I think I have to round it up to an 8/10 because it's so undeniably catchy.

4. Kalata

Kalata Out of the Silent Planet

I think ''Die With Your Boots On'' can be count as a classic. Fantastic opening riff and both solos are really awesome. The chorus is interesting (suits the song) and the song is a perfect example of twin guitar playing. It is strange that sometimes I like this song, but sometimes I do not like it that much. - 8/10.

5. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 Ghost of Benjamin Breeg

Die with your boots on has an excellent main riff and chorus. Some other nice parts as well. 8

6. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

A great opening riff and great verses are brought down a tad by a weaker pre-chorus and chorus, but are brought up again via a stellar instrumental section and a bit of an oasis there where Bruce lets loose his voice and gives a great performance. It's pretty strong as a whole with some weaker bits. 7

7. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Дай уитйорбутсон!
    И почвам да бегам бате.