Did Bruce take inspiration for the Powerslave melody from Ritchie Blackmore?

eFFcyZaR_400x400.jpg

Baphomet Eddie says, "Welcome back! It's nice and warm next to the fire!"

:innocent:

Aaaaggghhhhh!!!!! My eyes!!!!!!!

Worst Eddie ever!!!!! Bring on the next one, please!

Interesting, never heard of that

Nicko tells this story quite a lot, actually. It's how Maiden hired Peter Lorkantz. Nicko a goalie and was taunting Blackmore, who was playing striker and spent most of the time camping offside. So, Blackmore intentionally performed a tackle on Nicko, during which he hit him in the back. They were in Sweden and needed a physio, becuse they were due to play a show in a few days and Nicko could barely move. So, Peter did his job and Nicko was so happy with him that he wanted him to get a job as a tour physio, employed by Maiden. The rest is history.

And yeah, since then, Nicko couldn't play football anymore.

Which tour was that?
Most likely World Piece Tour, since Rainbow disbanded in 1984, because of reformation of Purple.

Either that, or Maiden played against Purple not Rainbow and Nicko fucked the bands up.

Edit: It was before 1986, since Nicko didn't play football anymore at that time.
IRON-MAIDEN-1986-GBA578.jpg

Last edited:
the Arabian tone is there... but, most of Rainbow's stuff has that tone.... Stargazer being my favorite Rainbow track.

You can certainly hear in certain parts Powerslave in it

When I saw a thread title asking whether there's a rip off, I expected something more concrete than a song using the same type of scale. It's not that unique.

Updated the thread title to be less provocative. Also in case Bruce Bruce is reading this forum, don't want to offend him. (I've already caught hell from Robert Fripp for some comments on the current King Crimson line-up in another forum. Don't like pissing off my heroes!)

Nicko tells this story quite a lot, actually. It's how Maiden hired Peter Lorkantz. Nicko a goalie and was taunting Blackmore, who was playing striker and spent most of the time camping offside. So, Blackmore intentionally performed a tackle on Nicko, during which he hit him in the back. They were in Sweden and needed a physio, becuse they were due to play a show in a few days and Nicko could barely move. So, Peter did his job and Nicko was so happy with him that he wanted him to get a job as a tour physio, employed by Maiden. The rest is history.

And yeah, since then, Nicko couldn't play football anymore.

Ritchie Blackmore probably wigged out! :lol:

While we're at it, let's discuss the nod to Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" just before the "one after one by the star-dogged moon" section of Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Stolen music AND lyrics!!

While we're at it, let's discuss the nod to Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" just before the "one after one by the star-dogged moon" section of Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Stolen music AND lyrics!!

What lyrics did Steve steal exactly?

Most likely World Piece Tour, since Rainbow disbanded in 1984, because of reformation of Purple.

Either that, or Maiden played against Purple not Rainbow and Nicko fucked the bands up.

Edit: It was before 1986, since Nicko didn't play football anymore at that time.
IRON-MAIDEN-1986-GBA578.jpg
In other words, very vague. 1983 or 1984 or 1985. Or 1982 if Nicko was not in Maiden but in Trust.

Ummm...the ones that were written by Samuel Taylor Coleridge. Not really stolen since he was credited in the lyric sheet.

Thanks. I thought you had spotted something we had previously missed! :) Not stolen in that case, as you have correctly pointed out.

Back