Deja Vu

How good is Deja-Vu on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Deja Vu

I think this one is pretty weak in the verses, but really strong when it comes to riff and chorus. It also has a great atmosphere. The lyrics are a downer for me. They already hint at what is going to be really wrong with the next song: They are descriptive, but not involving. It sounds like Bruce is coming to you and saying, "yeah, do you know what a Déja Vu is? Well, it's this and this." Gee, thanks, Bruce.
7/10.

Hehehe. That made me laugh.

Still, for me the power of music is prevailing (as always). Especially in this case, I think the music can tell something as well. And I find it hard to imagine to have more or different lyrics. There is no room for it.
The subject of this song has also to do with time, but CSIT and Loneliness are longer songs.

Davey squeezes no less than five classic maiden melodies into this synth-laden gem. Nicko's high hats and the catchiness of the chorus both earn the song points.

How anyone can call this the worst song of SIT is beyond me.  Extremely catchy, great chorus, and the synths do wonders. 10.

A melody festival. Dave Murray's songs are all melodical. And it's the best Murray song. Lyrics are not great, but it's really catchy. 8 is too low, 10 is too high for it. So i will give it a 9.

A great soft intro that leads into the song proper, which features a number of great melodies and harmonies. The lyrics are very straightforward, but I don't think Bruce was at his best on this track.  No true solo in the song, but the middle instrumental bridge is quite cool. 8/10.

Love the intro, some great melodies. Bruce sounds great, Nicko and Arry are great in the rhythm section. 9/10.

8 out of 10... Dave's guitar work is the highlight of this one for me... It's never been a big favorite of mine, but it has moments of greatness...

8. I think this song is one Maiden's weirdest in the sense that it's played on a unusual Maiden key (F), but nothing is for nothing as this tone fits perfectly the songs intent. Another arsenal of melodies, breathtaking pacing and rhythms and Nicko shines here (as in the whole album. Perhaps, his best Maiden performance), everything he plays in this album and in this song is perfectly made.

I have a similar opinion on this song as with Sea Of Madness. Everything is nicely played, but it lacks something special to make it a classic. 7/10.

I like the melody of this song, but there is a bit of rehashing of previous material, at least it sounds that way to me. 8

I used to love this song, but nowadays it doesn't interest me much. I can't remember the last time I listened to it. 6/10

8. It's a good track, outshined by the album's masterpieces. This and HCW are the only songs from SIT that feel like fillers to me.

Another 8, this was my favorite when the album first came out, but has gone down a bit for me.  Still a good song.

Back