definitive Top 5 album list

Perun said:
Queen - Innuendo

This album sums up everything that Queen is about. It perfectly manages to combine the band's famous seventies glam rock with its equally famous eighties pop, and yet sounds fresh, individual and original. Perhaps you could have shortened it by two songs, but in the end, it doesn't matter. Also, I need to mention how moving it is to hear what a man is capable of, facing his imminent death.

Such as a love song to his cat ("Delilah").  I like this album a lot, but I like the first two Queen albums more.  Sadly, there will never be another great rock band as shamelessly goofy as Queen was. 

Okay, just a quick list from me, im rather tired, but i may edit it tomorrow with pictures too.

1. Too Tough To Die- The Ramones.  Best album from them, period. Drumming on it is superb, a perfect introduction to Richie Ramone.  Best track is probably Wart Hog.
2.Young For Eternity- The Subways. Some modern hardcore rock, energetic, aggressive, raw. And did i mention thier bassist is beautiful? ;) Hello Miss Charlotte Cooper! Best track...hmmm, either the title track or "Oh Yeah"
3. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son- Iron Maiden. From the minute i put this on my stereo i was hooked, i cant believe it took me so long to discover such a classic! Best song? Its between the title tack, Moonchild or the Clairvoyant!
4.Songs for the Deaf- Queens of the Stone Age. Don't get me started, amazing from top to bottom, With Dave Grohl drumming it oozes attitude and energy, even if insanley compressed and gated! Best track- Either A Song for the Dead or the opening track. (The title is too long to write at this hour.)
5.White Blood Cells- The White Stripes. The first rock band i was ever into, and they still mean A LOT to me. This album is one of thier most interesting creations. Pure Garage-Blues-Rock. Best track- Offend in Every Way or Now Mary.

Five albums is just such a small amount! hah

1. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
2. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV
3. Deep Purple - Machine Head
4. David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
5. Rush - Moving Pictures

6. The Who - Who's Next
7. KISS - Destroyer
8. Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
9. Wolfmother - Wolfmother
10. Our Lady Peace - Healthy in Paranoid Times

Holy Smoke! That's hard one.

1. Dawn of Victory - Rhapsody
Perfect in every possible way

2. Powerslave - Iron Maiden
Minor flaw - Losfer Words

3. Kings of Metal - Manowar
Not so consistent

4. The Essential Judas Priest - Judas Priest
Many songs and most are very good

5. Here lies AMOLAD, but if you can have only one album per band, I cannot decice

Back