Deep Purple

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
New song:
New album info:
Band's 19th studio album, "Now What?!" will be released via earMUSIC, the Hamburg, Germany-based international rock label which is part of Edel Group, on the following dates:
* Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Finland, Spain: April 26
* UK, France, Benelux, Poland, Czech Republic, Norway, Denmark: April 29
* North America, Italy: April 30
* Sweden: May 1

I forgot to comment on this first time around apparently :eek: "All The Time in The World" sounds great! The track had to win me over a bit at first but a few min in I was hooked. A band aging very well and doing it right still!

Now What?! is a real grower, second part of the album is amazing (Above & Beyond to Vincent Price).

Pathetic indeed.

Although, Stormbringer tuned down with the heavy production sounded kinda cool. Coverdale, whom I never liked, sounds better tuned down than he did back in the day (in the studio. Coverdale sounds like crap live).

Sure they are around. How else would you think Coverdale pays for his mansion to keep running.

Last edited:
"Stormbringer" is my favorite Coverdale-sung Purple song. One of my old bar bands opened our show with that song.

I had some hopes... nope. New version is just OK. Coverdale can't hit the high notes anymore.

Reactions: Yax
"Stormbringer" is my favorite Coverdale-sung Purple song. One of my old bar bands opened our show with that song.

I had some hopes... nope. New version is just OK. Coverdale can't hit the high notes anymore.
He hasn't for at least ten years. But I think he adapts his shot-to-hell voice well to the realities, within the confines of playing in a lower key. His mids sound good. The voice is definitely shot range and technique-wise, but it sounds good in this rendition.

I saw them live once and he can't hit anything high + everyone in the band sings backing vocals almost non-stop to help him out.

The Whitesnake thing is just stupid. Why? just why?

I could see doing a song or two as bonus tracks or something like that, but a whole album. Lame

Back