Decreasing Post Count

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another sighting (or unsighting) of decreased post counts. At this point I really don't care, unless the actual posts are being deleted (or are simply vanishing into thin air).

I have a theory ...  when is the last time the Madness forum got purged?

We don't count posts in that forum, but we do purge it of old content from time to time.
Maybe something in the purge program says "I'm deleting a SMX post, better decrease his count too."
So a post which never counted in the positive direction gets counted the other way.

I strongly doubt the above theory is correct, since I've never noticed my post count going down.
(Then again, I rarely care enough to look at my post count.)
But if the above were right, then everyone should have seen their count go down, since everyone here posts in Madness. Even Forostar, on those rare occasions when he stops being so damn serious. :p

I am guilty. And I did delete posts from other people. Sorry for that. No, I am not a mod.
In fact, I deleted many topics that I opened myself. All the topics were in the General Discussion.

I've thought about doing that... but the mods do it any way every now and then so I haven't. Very tempting though.

Let me say this again: please do NOT delete threads.  Old threads are eventually archived and such, yes.  But also, we encourage people to look for similar topics and revive them (if they have something to add) rather than starting new ones.

My posts didn't decreased, they just were... exterminated.

Maybe i deserve it.  :blush:

My post count seems to have been decreasing. Yesterday, I counted one post more than the marker was saying to me. I had already noticed it decreased on another days, too. What the hell's going on?

It is usually due to system purges. Old threads being deleted to create more space for more "important" discussions... like the 100,000 reply thread :p And I STILL want my Public Urinater story back!

I'll be completely honest, I used to think it was just Forostar deleting old threads, but stuff has just randomly gone missing in the past. Given that post count is entirely meaningless, I wouldn't worry about it.

It's only meaningless when the post is meaningless, and if I posted something is because it has a meaning. I didn't know there were people judging how worth are my posts.

I think post count itself is meaningless no matter how worthy the actual post is. If I owned this forum, I wouldn't have that or karma. True I did question it when my karma all of a sudden went to -50, but I really truly don't care.

I'm not asking for post counting (I'm shitting for that), I'm asking 'cos it might have been some realy interesting post that I might want to reread and then someone comes and wraps it. If it's for giving more space to the server, I can understand, but it might be not, also, which is utterly pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back