Death Metal

Liked it although not being nothing out of this world. Has a certain Damage Done vibe to it. Still a million times better than that Atoma crap.

Death Metallions... here is a list I made regarding the 10 best Death n' Grind albums since 1985, distributed in 5 year long intervals. The twist of the tail is that you cannot use any of the bands Metallsucks users nominated as "the big 4" of Death metal: Death, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. If you're interested here's the link:

Death Metallions... here is a list I made regarding the 10 best Death n' Grind albums since 1985, distributed in 5 year long intervals. The twist of the tail is that you cannot use any of the bands Metallsucks users nominated as "the big 4" of Death metal: Death, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Obituary. If you're interested here's the link:
That's excellent since I do not care for these big names. Not that I have a lot of other albums. Will post a few.

Are we using this thread for melodeath too?

I stumbled across this band the other day thanks to a Facebook ad that was actually relevant to my interests for once, and am working my way through their music. There's some really nice quality melodic death with orchestral stuff in there - they actually class themselves as symphonic melodeath, but there's no warbling going on. They're not a million miles from Amorphis, slightly more generic but have some really nice hooks in their songs, and a selection of heavier riffs. I was also surprised to find out they were French, not Finnish. The vocals reminded me slightly of Abbath to begin with, but not as corny.

Another sad day for metal. Fuck this disease. LGP thanks for the music man.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/lg-petrov-entombed-dead-obituary-1138178/

6f85b047a0b0f3e87bfc0a77ebb99548.jpg

Former SEPULTURA members Igor Cavalera (drums), Max Cavalera (guitar, vocals) and Jairo Guedz (guitar) reunited virtually to record a new version of the band's classic song "Antichrist", which originally appeared on the 1985 EP "Bestial Devastation". The resulting clip was uploaded to YouTube as part of Igor's recently launched a new video series, "Beneath The Drums", where he dissects some of the best-known songs from his recording history.

1622886773742.png

Dates now announced for Left to Die US tour playing Leprosy and some of Scream Bloody Gore.
Yes they are playing here in Houston!

Just got home from Left to Die and was much better than expected! Played all of Leprosy and half (!) of Scream Bloody Gore! Crowd went nuts! Matt Harvey absolutely made the show by playing and screaming Chuck's parts.

I chanced upon a Be'lakor a few months ago, and I've since gone through all their discography. Some songs may be too long and some parts repeated too much, but we all know here ths isn't enough to ruin a song.

523ACBAE-522A-4DF7-8C6A-1B040DA9688F.jpeg

Newish death metal group from Denmark. This is their third album, 7 tracks across 33 minutes. Most of them are pretty short but the final song is 12 minutes in total. Nice old school death metal style with powerful modern production. That last song is the clincher, the runtime works really well and there’s even some doom for good measure. Worth a listen for sure.

My dad and I got the last 2 site line seats for April 12th for Enslaved and Insomnium co-headlining. It will be our first concert since 2014! A night of some of the most amazing and beautiful melodic death metal EVER! Can't wait! Being 71, my dad must be up there with some of the oldest fans into this type of music.

Back