DC Extended Universe Thread (Spoilers inside!)

Everything the DCCU has done so far has convinced me that they are playing catchup to Marvel because they desperately want to be viewed in the same light. Nothing they do suggests they are as interested in building a collective, slow-burn storyline in order to tell a single tale unified across multiple movies.

Marvel, on the contrary, is. The Infinity Stones are being slowly introduced, one by one. Hell, they didn't even call them that until the third movie where they made an appearance.

So WB is retooling their schedule a bit, including two as of yet untitled moves slated for October 2018 and November 2019. Hard to see how those wouldn't be Batman and Superman solo movies.

Batman movie in October, the Long Halloween maybe?

Batman movie in October, the Long Halloween maybe?
This better be the case... Just announce it already, WB, don't be stupid. 2019 is way too late. I just hope Affleck is able to make it schedule-wise... It sucks if squeezing Batman in ASAP means he has to step down from directing for example.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in WB headquarters right now. :p It must be pretty intense there.

Doubt it. I think it's gonna be better than BvS but I doubt it'll be better than any Marvel movie. And also Suicide Squad has Joker and Batman in it while none of GOTG's characters were well-known.

I think he means Suicide Squad will be an unexpected hit for them. I kind of agree, so far this looks much better than BvS. Still not sold on Leto's joker though.

Still not sold on Leto's joker though.
Me neither. I think I heard somewhere that this Joker is the "psychopath" Joker while TDK's Joker we all know and love was "anarchist" Joker, and honestly I prefer the latter one and not because of Ledger.

Suicide Squad looks decent but I'm not particularly excited about it. Not sure about this Joker yet. I don't like the excentric rich gangster image. I'd rather see something more classic, because they have to stick to this version across the whole DC universe for a very long time. I like the theory that Leto is in fact Robin, who didn't die but was corrupted by the real Joker. I doubt they went in that direction, though.

I'm curious whether the point of reshoots is to add more Batman. They certainly wanted to show a lot of him in this trailer. Having seen BvS I'm not surprised at all.

Me neither. I think I heard somewhere that this Joker is the "psychopath" Joker while TDK's Joker we all know and love was "anarchist" Joker, and honestly I prefer the latter one and not because of Ledger.
I've seen that stuff too but I think all the Jokers are psychopaths and anarchists in some way or another. I think the best way to go about it is a more comic book like Joker. They should really be distancing themselves from the Nolan universe for this DCEU but they're clearly not interested in that.

I don't think the reshoots were to add more Batman, that would require a bit too much tweaking for a movie coming out in a few months I think. The trailer was undeniably a reaction to the BVS reception though for sure.

Suicide Squad looks good, I'm really looking forward to it.

Psychopath Joker is my favourite Joker. I'm looking forward to Suicide Squad - but I won't see it opening weekend.

Finally. Great news. Not a word about the release date, though... I guess they will share more details at Comic-Con.

Oct 2018 & Nov 2019 Warner recently announced will have major films release but they did not reveal the names yet. Perhaps 1 of them will be Batman solo film.

Back