Dance of Death

• Thread starter Thread starter Anonymous
  • Start date Start date
I think Dance of Death and Face in the Sand are top quality songs! [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Oct 9 2003, 12:15 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Oct 9 2003, 12:15 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] I think Dance of Death and Face in the Sand are top quality songs!  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

And Gates of Tomorrow is a low quality song! [!--emo&:P--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/tongue.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'tongue.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

I listened GoT two or three times yesterday... and you're right... is the worst of the album...

[!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--][!--QuoteBegin--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]I think Dance of Death and Face in the Sand are top quality songs!    [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]

[!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]

Well, Dancing Queen is a song made by Swedish pop band ABBA in the mid seventies... [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

[!--QuoteBegin-MaidenSweden+Oct 10 2003, 06:10 PM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(MaidenSweden @ Oct 10 2003, 06:10 PM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--] Well, Dancing Queen is a song made by some Swedish pop band in the mid seventies...  [!--emo&;)--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/wink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'wink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [/quote]
Yes and Video killed the Radio Star is an 80`s pop song. So is this feller just smoking something then? So what the hell dude [!--emo&:blink:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/blink.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'blink.gif\' /][!--endemo--] (Robbiedee)?

Indeed it was.

In hindisight, it lacked the humor content that most jokes have. For that I apologise.

Japanese Boy and Video killed the Radio Star are great songs, along with Rock me Amadeus, Don't Go by Yazoo and Can't Touch This by MC Hammer. Even Gold by Spandau Ballet is good.

God Damn my diverse and hideous taste for 80s music. Grr.

1.- Wildest Dreams: 7
2.- Rainmaker: 8.5
3.- No More Lies: 8.5
4.- Montségur: 8
5.- Dance Of Death: 9.5
6.- Gates Of Tomorrow: 6
7.- New Frontier: 8
8.- Paschendale: 9
9.- Face In The Sand: 7.5
10.- Age Of Innocence: 9
11.- Journeyman: 9.5

e guan e peich e gromenauer... pecadorrrr dela praderraar jarrrr fistrorrll

Wildest Dreams ; 7 (great Adrian solo)
Rainmaker ; 7
No More Lies ; 8 (again Adrian rules)
Montsegur ; 7 (the base rhythm was "stolen" from Fallen Angel)
Dance of Death ; 7 (the end of the song a little too repetitive)
Gates of Tomorrow ; 7
New Frontier ; 7,5 (great chorus)
Paschendale ; 9,5 (Adrian.... my hero!!)
Face in the Sand ; 7,5 (magic atmosphere in the beginning, then it lose it)
Age of Innocence ; 8
Journeyman ; 9 (marvellous celtic ballad)

ok, after having listened to DoD at least 20 times in the past 10 days, here's my take on it:

Wildest Dreams - 6
Rainmaker - 7
No More Lies - 8
Montsegur - 9
Dance of Death - 10
Gates of Tomorrow - 8
New Frontier - 9
Paschendale - 10
Face in the Sand - 10
Age of Innocence - 9
Journeyman - 10

Sorry for being a bit harsh to Wildest Dreams, but to me, it is just a happy go lucky kinda song...def not on the same level as the rest of the songs on the album. Rainmaker is good, but it doesn't gel with me somehow.

In any case, this album is awesome...one of my all-time Maiden favourites! [!--emo&:chug:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/beerchug.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'beerchug.gif\' /][!--endemo--] [!--emo&:rock:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/headbang.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'headbang.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

Now, based on intense and rather puzzling mathematical calculations, a potato, and a sack of turnips, I have reason to estimate that Dance of Death is my 4th most-listened-to Maiden album, behind Brave New World, 7th Son and Somewhere in Time. The first part of that sentence was a bag of wank. Sorry.

Almost 2 months on, I rate Dance of Death as follows.

Wildest Dreams - 9
Rainmaker - 9
No More Lies - 9
Montsegur - 10
Dance of Death - 10 (00ber 1337 song for h4xx0rz only)
Gates of Tomorrow - 7
New Frontier - 7
Paschendale - 9
Face in the Sand - 8
Age of Innocence - 8
The Journeyman - 8

So, compared to my last rating session, thats...

Wildest Dreams - Same
Rainmaker - Same
No More Lies - Up 3
Montsegur - Same
Dance of Death - Same
Gates of Tomorrow - Down 1
New Frontier - Down 1
Paschendale - Down 1
Face in the Sand - Down 1
Age of Innocence - Down 1
The Journeyman - Down 1

The first 5 tracks on this album are great, easily the best first half of an album ever. Thinking about it though, there were only 2 albums that I think had a better 2nd half than the first, and that would be Powerslave and No Prayer for the Dying. This to me raises a certain question about the way Maiden organise their albums. Then again, I bet half of you disagree with me while the other half don't give a damn.

Wildest Dreams ; 8
Rainmaker ; 8
No More Lies ; 7
Montsegur ; 9
Dance of Death ; 10
Gates of Tomorrow ; 6
New Frontier ; 7
Paschendale ; 9,5
Face in the Sand ; 7
Age of Innocence ; 8
Journeyman ; 8

Back