Congrats to Maiden for winning a Grammy!

The Knife Master said:
Not sucky. Better than The Final Frontier. Second or Third best on the first half of the album.

Just giving you a hard time. I really don't like Satellite 15... Final Frontier... horrible track. If Final Frontier was by itself... maybe it'd be ok. But the album picks up really well after that. The "let me tell you a story" approach is getting kinda old though

While I'm glad Maiden got the recognition, it doesn't change my opinion of the Grammies in the slightest. I guarantee you whatever committee chose El Dorado didn't know or care if it was any good; it was a carefully chosen for the best combination of credibility and mass appeal.

Well, when they won the Brit Award for 'best live band' they had it front page news with a video posted. now they just have a brief notice in their newsroll. Kind of like my reaction to it: 'Oh, how nice.' *shrug*

EDIT: I dug out a clip on Youtube about it, though. Notice how they don't seem to be able to get the right song playing in the background, and how the speaker is shocked about how Maiden did not show up for the Grammys, even though it is their first!

Here's a very poor clip of the announcement. I like how... nobody cares.

Obviously I don't know how the band really feel about these types of awards, I can only speak for myself. As a Maiden fan with 25+ years of loyal and devoted support I see these types of awards and their supposed confirmation of "success" as meaningless... well in regards to Maiden anyhow. There are a lot of mainstream music acts out there who really rely on these types of awards to promote themselves and make money, most of these acts have no longevity whatsoever, and contribute very little to music as an art form. Now Maiden have proved time and time again (even without awards) that they are successful and they have longevity and have made a huge contribution to music as an art form... how many countless bands have Maiden influenced?. If Maiden get awards... fine, if not... fine, awards will never influence how I feel about their music, also I'm positive that goes for the majority of the ever growing army of Maiden fans around the world, who are like one huge supportive family, not bonded by blood... but by the majestic music of Maiden.

they are just pointing out how their latest release did. They should be quite proud of it.
http://eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/426916/pid/401816 read the bit about Dio, That is just wrong.

chaosapiant said:
On the one hand, I don't give a shit about the Grammys.  I didn't even realize they were on last night, and the awards are chosen by a bunch of hacks.

On the other hand, apparently Maiden are SO good that one of their least proficient songs on the new album gets the award for best metal performance.  I'd say it's well deserved.  Maiden's worst songs (and I still love El Dorado) is better than most bands best songs, automatically.

I agree 100%.  I never pay attention when these type of awards are on, and I never watch and never care.  It is not about me or the art I watch/listen to.

I don not watch them either, ever since Star Wars lost the Oscar for best picture, I assumed these things were rigged and boycotted them since then.

I would tune in to see SIT Eddie walk up and take an award.

The Knife Master said:

LOL!  Great clip. And yes, the Masons run the whole show.

I think it's fair to say, the Grammy's are a farce, and let's face it, true Rock & metal have never had the critics support.  And, really, who cares?  Up the Irons!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=154158
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features/27453/Iron-Maiden?page=1
Upon your return to the band, how did you actually divide the guitar parts up with Janick Gers, who replaced you after you initially left the band? Did you flip a coin or play Scissors, Paper, Rock?

H: Not quite! We played Moonchild on the last tour, which is a bit of an uptempo number and not really my sort of forte – playing fast. Janick plays quite fast. So I said “Well you play that, that’s more your style”. So that’s how we work it out really. Quite often, if someone brings a song in and they’ve written the music already, they’ll take the main solo on it. Some of the songs have got three solos though but it’s about the song really. It’s not about individuals.

As I always imagined...

I'm surprised. I thought Steve made those decisions, Makes me wonder if it's like that on every song.

Back