Concept Album Extravaganza: Scenes From A Memory wins!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
And the winner of this entire thing is...read the title.

1: Dream Theater - Scenes From A Memory
2: Queensryche - Operation: Mindcrime
3: Pink Floyd - Animals
4: Rush - Clockwork Angels
5: Iced Earth - Night Of The Stormrider
6: Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
7: Pink Floyd - The Wall
8: Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
9: Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
10: Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Well...I hope you guys enjoyed the game. A lot of screw-ups here and there, yeah, I know. But everyone makes mistakes, right?

Surprised Animals did as well as it did, tbh. Other than that, what I would expect to see.

Decent top ten. Never thought I'd say this but Rush is way too high. Also probably wouldn't include Thick as a Brick, Stormrider, or The Lamb in my own personal list. The top 2 is great though and of course I'm satisfied with the winner.

Stormrider, Mindcrime and The Wall is my probably my top 3, and I'm personally not a massive PF fan.

I'm very happy that Dream Theater won. However, The Wall probably should've won.

Animals for me. Sticks very firmly to a theme and makes a good job of it throughout (if you like Floyd, that is). The Wall is a touch depressing now you mention it, SMX, but the thing that goes against it for me is the general impression of it being made as a stage musical rather than an album. It's a bit West End-y throughout, split into short scenes that run into each other rather than distinct songs that can stand alone. I would have liked Dark Saga in here, though, was that in this survivor at all? I don't remember it.

Back