• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You Give Love a Bad Name has a personal meaning for me, whereas Whole Lotta Love doesn't.

Whole Lotta Love is hardly Zep at their best.
That matchup was two songs that are kinda fun and catchy and mediocre.
What is and What Should Never Be would have smoked any Jovi song, but Message in a Bottle is great Police

Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: 64 to 32, Round 1 of 8

Phase Four begins!

Songs in gold have survived beyond their seeding:
D08.png

"Sweet Child O' Mine" (Guns 'n Roses) [8] vs. "No One Like You" (Scorpions) [200]

"Jessica" (Allman Brothers Band) [281] vs. "Sultans Of Swing" (Dire Straits) [40]

"All Along The Watchtower" (Jimi Hendrix) [9] vs. "Somebody To Love" (Queen) [56]

"More Than A Feeling" (Boston) [24] vs. "Another One Bites The Dust" (Queen) [41]

Top song in each pair wins a tie.

One day left for Round 14
Also open: Round 15 , Round 16

My votes:

Guns shoot Scorpions. Sweet Child O' Mine
Dickey Betts solos better than Mark Knopfler. Jessica
Queen song is grander than Jimi. Somebody To Love
Boston song is grander than Queen. More Than A Feeling

Scorpions, Knopfler, Jimi in a painful one, and Boston.
Dust must have had an easy draw to get this far. Only mediocre song among Giants.

I am glad Watchtower came out well. It looked dim.

I realize there is lots of love for Queen on this board, but this song winning from All Along the Watchtower? No way.

Roses, Allman Brothers, Hendrix, Queen.

It feels bad having to vote against the superior Queen song in the round.

Classic Rock Mega-Knockout: 64 to 32, Round 5 of 8

Songs in gold have survived beyond their seeding:
D04.png

"Comfortably Numb" (Pink Floyd) [4] vs. "Message In A Bottle" (The Police) [196]

"You Shook Me All Night Long" (AC/DC) [29] vs. "You Give Love A Bad Name" (Bon Jovi) [93]

"Gimme Shelter" (The Rolling Stones) [13] vs. "You Can't Always Get What You Want" (The Rolling Stones) [52]

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Nirvana) [20] vs. "Purple Haze" (Jimi Hendrix) [45]

Top song in each pair wins a tie.

One day left for Round 2
Also open: Round 3 , Round 4

My votes:

There's a lot of good things to say about that Police song. If it only had to compete against the verse or even the solo from Floyd, I'd go for it. But, that key change and chorus in Floyd are something the Police can't match. Comfortably Numb

Bon Jovi's song is better by far. This particular AC/DC song is one I'm fairly tired of. You Give Love A Bad Name

I've always thought Gimme Shelter is a bit overrated, and the other one a classic. You Can't Always Get What You Want

Jimi had the awesome guitar, but Kurt wrote the better song. Smells Like Teen Spirit

Back