Christopher Lee

I heard of the album, but if his work with Rhapsody is anything to go by, it will be way too cheesy even for my taste.

The description doesn't sound encouraging to me. Then again, I fucking hate Rhapsody, and Manowar isn't much better.

But Lee is cool, and Charlemagne might work as a subject.

I don't mind his work with Rhapsody, it's better than what they usually do, but it's not my favourite.

Interesting. I am also a descendant of Charlemagne. 
:)

Apart from that, I am curious how this sounds.

Christopher Lee is my second favourite actor of all time, and he is a man of many talents. Rhapsody and Manowar are boring and silly, even in the flower metal genre. Maybe CL's aura of awesome will overshadow the metal bands  ::)

I'm totally getting that! I LOVE Rhapsody and anything "flower" metal haha! Let the CHEESE flow muthafuckas!

@Reumeren: what is your favourite actor of all time?

SinisterMinisterX said:
You, and everyone else.

Not really. Many are, but quite some of them don't make the link. I found out about it last year and I'm planning to make a metal album on the subject, entitled History In My Veins.

1. The link between Charly and me (12:58)
2. Father of Europe, I owe to thee (25:22)
3. The Emperor’s Pride, deep inside (14:04)
4. “The biggest German on the forum” is my middle name (8:23)
5. Those who are not: the seed of the conquered (3:11)
6. Christopher Lee, my mate (11:43)
7. You promised me a role in The Hobbit, didn’t you? (2:38)

1. "Overture" - 2:53
  2. Act I:
        1. "Intro" - 1:34
        2. "King of the Franks" - 7:14
  3. Act II:
        1. "Intro" - 1:46
        2. "The Iron Crown of Lombardy" - 8:12
  4. Act III:
        1. "Intro" - 3:26
        2. "The Bloody Verdict of Verden" - 6:16
  5. Act IV:
        1. "Intro" - 2:31
        2. "The Age of Oneness Out of Diversity" - 6:07
  6. Act V:
        1. "Intro" - 2:09
        2. Starlight - 4:40
  7. "Finale" - 3:57
  8. "Iberia" - 5:10
  9. "The Bloody Verdict of Verden" (Instrumental) - 6:20

Oh for fuck's sake... Didn't Nightfall in Middle Earth and Something Wicked Part 1 have enough of this "atmospheric" bullshit?  It can be good in small amounts, but you don't need to put an interlude in between every song.  The only album where I think it works in larger amounts is Nostradamus.

Forostar said:
4. “The biggest German on the forum” is my middle name (8:23)

*AHEM*

I dropped my monocle in my sauerkraut after reading that outrage.

Forostar said:
3. The Emperor’s Pride, deep inside You (14")

Fixed that for you.

Forostar said:
@Reumeren: what is your favourite actor of all time?

Don't laugh, but it's Russell Crowe  B)

Onhell said:
I'm totally getting that! I LOVE Rhapsody and anything "flower" metal haha! Let the CHEESE flow muthafuckas!

Hehe, I usually respond like that when people say gothic metal is cheesy :D lyrics like ''Let thy dusk embrace my heart...'' is just CHEESE  :yey:

Forostar said:
Not really. Many are, but quite some of them don't make the link.

Yes, really. We are all descendants of Charlemagne. Every white person on Earth today and most of the non-white people are all descendants of Charlemagne.

Not that Charlie is special. We are all descended from everyone who was alive in his time.  The only thing that can make a person "special" is having done the genealogical research to trace (one of your many) paths of descent from Charlemagne.

And even further: every person in England and almost every white person in America is descended from Edward I.

I'd like to see how far you get retracing your tree, SMX. :) Even if you get to Edward I, that fellow came 5 centuries later than Charlie.

Here's mine:

Forostar said:
I'd like to see how far you get retracing your tree, SMX.  :) Even if you get to Edward I, that fellow came 5 centuries later than Charlie.

I'm not gonna copy it all down here. It's long and boring, and the data isn't on this computer (so I can't copy/paste, I'd have to retype it by hand, and I'm lazy). But I am the 23rd-great-grandson of Edward I, with my descent coming through his daughter Elizabeth.

Once you get to Edward I, going back to Charlemagne is easy. All those royal bloodlines are well-known. It's a 12-generation difference, so I'm the 35th-great-grandson of Charlemagne.

Again, none of this makes me special. It's only unusual that I know my descent from royalty. Everyone is descended from royalty, most people just don't know the exact line.

I still think my corrections to Foro's tracklist are the best.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and my family heritage is real history, connected to reformation, 30 Year's War and everything.

After a bit more mucking around, it appears this dude is the common ancestor between Foro and myself:

Forostar said:
Heribert I (graaf} (Heribert) van Vermandois (ca. 840 – 907)

Which mean Foro and I are 31st cousins once removed.

Sup, cuz? :bigsmile:

Back