Chris Cornell Survivor - Fell On Black Days Wins!

Vote for your LEAST favorite song

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ELIMINATED AFTER ROUND 1:
665 - 4 votes
667 - 4 votes
Circle Of Power - 4 votes
Head Injury - 4 votes
One Minute Of Silence - 4 votes

Some of these songs have grown on me a little bit. Gun is pretty cool with how the song gets faster and faster as it progresses.
I gotta say Mood For Trouble is my favorite from the first album; for the second album I'll go with Loud Love.

Voted for:

All Your Lies
He Didn't
Nazi Driver
Incessant Mace
Power Trip
Full On Kevin's Mom
No Wrong No Right
Uncovered
Big Dumb Sex
Full On

ELIMINATED AFTER ROUND 2
He Didn't
Nazi Driver
Incessant Mace
Full On Kevin's Mom
Big Dumb Sex
Full On (Reprise)

This should be the last round before we get to introduce new (and better :p) material.

ELIMINATED
All Your Lies
Power Trip
Get On The Snake
I Awake

Temple of the Dog joins the game!

In March of 1990 Andrew Wood, Chris Cornell's former roommate and lead singer of Mother Love Bone, tragically died of a heroin overdose. Cornell started writing some songs as a tribute to his late friend. He reached out to Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament, Wood's former bandmates, with the intention of releasing a single. The single idea quickly evolved into doing a full album.

Temple of the Dog consisted of Chris Cornell, Matt Cameron, Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, and Mike McCready, with guest vocals by Eddie Vedder. Gossard, Ament, McCready, and Vedder would go on to form the band Pearl Jam.

Temple of the Dog was released in April 1991 to favorable reviews, but pretty low sales. However a year later, after the releases of Badmotofinger and Ten, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam began to explode into mainstream popularity. The record company realized they essentially had a collaboration between the two bands on their hands.

Temple of the Dog has by now sold over 1,000,000 copies in the U.S. alone, and is certified platinum by the RIAA.

Temple of the Dog is among my all-time favorite albums, period. An impressive collection of deeply intimate songs, performed by the perfect Seattle lineup. A masterpiece, in my opinion.

This album rules. It might be because I'm a bigger Pearl Jam fan, but I'd probably put Temple ahead of every Soundgarden album. Needless to say, I hope the overall top 10 will be well represented by Temple of the Dog.

In addition to his incredible voice, Chris Cornell really showcases his songwriting abilities on this album. Say Hello 2 Heaven and Call Me a Dog are absolutely fantastic. I'm still shocked by the fact that Reach Down is over 11 minutes long, it feels like it goes by in half that time. Mike McCready really puts on a show here. Hunger Strike is an all-time classic.

I decided against voting for anything from this album. I'm hoping we can get the necessary songs promoted from the first 2 albums, so we can move on without doing too much damage to this one.

If I absolutely had to vote for something from Dog, it would probably be Pushin Forward Back and All Night Thing. Those two definitely seem to be a little bit weaker than the rest of the album.

Voted for: Smokestack, Ugly Truth, No Wrong, Uncovered

This album rules. It might be because I'm a bigger Pearl Jam fan, but I'd probably put Temple ahead of every Soundgarden album. Needless to say, I hope the overall top 10 will be well represented by Temple of the Dog.

In addition to his incredible voice, Chris Cornell really showcases his songwriting abilities on this album. Say Hello 2 Heaven and Call Me a Dog are absolutely fantastic. I'm still shocked by the fact that Reach Down is over 11 minutes long, it feels like it goes by in half that time. Mike McCready really puts on a show here. Hunger Strike is an all-time classic.

I decided against voting for anything from this album. I'm hoping we can get the necessary songs promoted from the first 2 albums, so we can move on without doing too much damage to this one.

If I absolutely had to vote for something from Dog, it would probably be Pushin Forward Back and All Night Thing. Those two definitely seem to be a little bit weaker than the rest of the album.

Voted for: Smokestack, Ugly Truth, No Wrong, Uncovered

Big PJ fan as well.
But Pushin Forward Back is among my faves off this one. Very Soundgardenish.
Hope it gets far.

Look forward to Euphoria Mourning joining in to see how it does against the TOTD and Soundgarden classics from 1990 onwards. Great album.

Look forward to Euphoria Mourning joining in to see how it does against the TOTD and Soundgarden classics from 1990 onwards. Great album.
I'm honestly not all that familiar with his solo material. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how it stacks up.

Yep, I cannot in good conscience vote for anything off TOTD until all the first two album songs are gone. Even the songs I don't think are great (All Night Thing, Trouble, Pushin' Forward) are still much better and more substantial than anything previous.

ELIMINATED
Smokestack Lightning
Ugly Truth
No Wrong No Right
Uncovered

PROMOTED
Flower
Beyond The Wheel
Mood For Trouble

Hands All Over
Gun
Loud Love

Since this brings us down to 10 songs, the next album is in! Badmotorfinger joins the game!

Many consider this to be Soundgarden's breakthrough album. It was released in October of 1991, the same year as Nirvana's Nevermind and Pearl Jam's Ten. Although it was overshadowed a bit by those albums, the success of all three helped to break the Seattle alternative rock scene in the mainstream. The three singles on Badmotorfinger received considerable airtime on the radio and MTV.

This is also the first album to feature bassist Ben Shepherd, and thus the final Soundgarden lineup was formed.

Both these albums are so damn good, but there are some average songs we can lose.

Voting for:

Pushin' Forward Back
Times of Trouble
All Night Thing
Face Pollution
Somewhere
Searching With My Good Eye Closed
Drawing Flies
New Damage

Back