Choose your metal quarantine house!

Choose

• Total voters
House 2. Three people from three of my favorite bands (Petrucci, 'Arry, Lars) who'd have a ton of stories to tell. Another positive about the three is that all three of them have organizer type roles in their bands, which bodes well for organization in a house environment. The possibility of things getting out of control is quite high in a rock 'n' roll environment, having reliable people who'll get things done is good. Also no toxic characters in the group, from what we know of them publicly, though Tate might be a bit moody.

Alternative is House 1, would be a fun time probably with Devy, Abbath and Joakim in there. Likewise no people publicly known to have toxic tendencies. Though I could see it get a bit out of hand if the quarantine lasts too long, Devy is bipolar and Abbath and Joakim might explode.

House 4 is clearly the worst, gotta feel bad for Adrian Smith there.

Last edited:
House 1 by far.

Dev is Dev, Murray seems to be one of the nicest persons on this planet and Jansen looks like a cool girl too. The first two I don't even know about and, as MrKnickenbocker said, Abbath would spend his time drinking :p.

The house I think would be ideal for me to chill in:
  • Devin Townsend - Well... besides being somewhat of a fanboy (yeah, I admit it), Dev seems to be a really cool guy and has those spurts of hilarious goofing.
  • Anneke Van Giersbergen - Also a fan and... I won't lie: I always had a stupid crush on Annie's smile. Plus she also seems to be a cool, down to earth woman.
  • Dave Murray, Tarja and Rob Halford - Rob is the only person from this lot I met in person and what amazed me was how humble and down to earth someone who's been dubbed the metal god the man was. Tarja and Davey, as I said before, seems to be two of the nicest persons in the planet.
  • Portnoy - the resident joker in the house. Every time I see interviews he's goofing around. Seems to be a nice guy also.

On the other hand I would love to see (not to be inside... GOD NO!) this house:
  • Lars Ulrich and Dave Mustaine :D
  • Rob Flynn
  • Varg Vikernes
  • Jon Shaffer
  • Glen Danzig
  • Corey Taylor

Last edited:
House 1: Joakim Broden and Devin Townsend would be good fun to hang out with. Tuomas Holopainen is a really creepy looking guy and I reckon I'd feel super uncomfortable around him. Dave would be smiling away and lighting up the house with his cheerful demeanor. I'd probably be quite intimidated by Floor Jansen but also completely in awe of her. Hopefully Devin would write some good music and get the best out of her, which would make things awkward with Tuomas. I know fuck all about Abbath.

House 2: Everything I've heard about Geoff Tate is that he's a self-absorbed egomaniac, so I wouldn't be keen on spending lockdown with him. Lars Ulrich probably has the propensity to speak a load of shit and we've all seen from Some Kind of Monster what he's like in tense situations. I don't know what I'd speak to Steve Harris and John Petrucci about but I suspect there would be a lot of music nerding that I'd be unable to follow. As Lamps mentioned, this house is appealing because there are two women. Cristina Scabbia is nice and I'm a big fan of Charlotte Wessels. I'd be more than happy to spend lockdown with her.

House 3: I reckon I would give into temptation and bait Jon Schaffer into speaking some shit. The man is batshit crazy! I don't have much time for Mike Portnoy because of the way he dealt with his resignation from Dream Theater and some of the things he's said since. Like with Floor, I'd probably be totally in awe of Simone Simons and wouldn't have a clue how to speak to her. I don't know much about Myles Kennedy but he seems decent enough and I've shared accomodation and had beer with @Shadow so living with Papa Emeritus would be fine, but not as vocally pleasing as Simone and Myles. Other than being in Mastodon I know nothing about Brent Hinds.

House 4: I'm not sure I'd enjoy being around the egos of Tarja Turunen and Rob Flynn for too long. Kerry King is probably a bit of a wanker too. Varg is revolting and I'd stay the fuck away from him. Perhaps I could form a clique with Adrian Smith and Matt Barlow. Hopefully Matt would sing a Pathetic Tearjerker Schlager for me and I could nag Adrian about the solo to 'Alexander the Great'.

House 5: I feel that the combination of Bruce Dickinson, KK Downing and Dave Mustaine could become toxic and chaotic. Bruce and Dave might be able to bond over throat cancer but think the three of them are very opinionated and don't really know when to stop talking. The legendary rivalry between Iron Maiden and Judas Priest that KK keeps talking about might cause some problems too, at least for KK anyway. But it is what it is, you know. ACM is hot but I've also heard some very negative things about her personality, although she's vegan so we could share some nice food. I know very little about Till Lindemann and Christopher Bowes is probably a lot of fun, but I don't really like Scottish people so...

House 6: With Rob, Michael and AvG in this house the level of vocal talent would be through the roof. Anneke is super friendly too (I've already met her) so I'd be happy to spend lockdown with her. At least I know Rob wouldn't be trying to interfere there. James LaBrie seems like a decent guy and might be able to learn from the other three and improve his singing a bit. Corey Taylor is probably a bit of a knob and I'm not much of a fan of his vocals. I know nothing about Glenn Danzig, but he and Kiske could do some Elvis duets.

If I were to pick one person from each house it would be Floor Jansen, Charlotte Wessels, Simone Simons, Matt Barlow, Dave Mustaine and Anneke van Giersbergen.

Torn between 2 and 5.
If it was short term (like I would know the quarantine ends in 14 days) then definitely 5. As someone said, it would be a glorious mess.
On side note, I'd like to have people from house Nr 2. as neighbours, they seem like a friendly-helpy folk.

Back