Children of the Damned

How good is Children of the Damned on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
10! This song is simply one of the best Maiden songs ever. No word can describe the epicness of this song.

not the worst vote... i put a 6 and im liable to stick to it... its just ok not OK  :p    its got a good story but a bit slow and moany... in the album its great but singularly its a skipper so im balancing with them

A true masterpiece.Love how Bruce sings-describes those tragic moments - accompanied by the guitars.Simple and addictive guitar solo. 10/10

10/10. Bruce is on fire here, pouring emotion into the song's evocative lyrics. Adrian's solo is superb as well.

One of my favorites. I love everything about this song. Considering that I think Invaders is an audio abortion, I see this as Maiden's first gem with Bruce. Simply great.

Wow my blood is pumping. Let's slow it down. It's okay though, this one is epic. More great vocals from Bruce. I absolutely love that howl of his. The vocals alone give this one a 10.

This one is good! Soulful and really impressing performance from Bruce here, aswell as a superb solo by Mr Adrian Smith. The song is well structured and takes you on a journey which for me is really important. Ends with one of Bruces best and highes full-voice notes and leaves the listener with shivers.

9/10

Brilliant performance from Bruce on this one; the emotion he puts into every line is spectacular. Instrumentally, it's full of beautiful melodies and a memorable solo from H. A true classic in every way.

10/10

Great vocals, a great chorus, a great H solo, a great ending. All adds up to a very strong...

9/10

This is such a great song. Very emotional and very good melodies topped with some good lyrics. I also like how it's kept compact, I could easily see this song passing 7 or 8 minutes if it was done today (not necessarily a bad thing, of course) and I think it adds a lot to the song that it doesn't. I think it's a little strange/sad that they haven't played it more often live, but then again, they try to keep the amount of slower songs down I guess, and they have quite a few others to choose from.

Back