Celtic Frost

Lord of Wolves 78

Educated Fool
I've been listening to this great band quite a lot recently, and although I'm not the biggest fan of thrash metal apart from the big four bands, they are a truly stellar and a one off band. I recently bought all four digitally remastered albums on deluxe digipak CDs, and I'm super pleased with them. The first album is quite primitive, but still fantastic. 'To Mega Therion' and Into the Pandemonium' are for me the real incredible, and timeless albums of their entire career. 'Vanity/Nemesis' is actually very good. I've always considered 'Into the Pandemonium' the very first gothic metal album in existence, even pre-dating 'Gothic' by Paradise Lost by four years. Are there any other fans of this unique band?

I heard To Mega Therion just the other day. Fantastic album way ahead of its time for 1985, full of sharp riffs and atmosphere in abundance.

I saw Cold Lake at a local record store. I wanna buy it.

I haven't heard that album myself but just be warned that it's supposedly Celtic Frost leaving everything they did on the first albums behind them and pursuing a more mainstream glam metal approach, for which they received a alot of flak in the metal community. So I wouldn't neccessarily start my Celtic Frost journey with that album.

I haven't heard that album myself but just be warned that it's supposedly Celtic Frost leaving everything they did on the first albums behind them and pursuing a more mainstream glam metal approach, for which they received a alot of flak in the metal community. So I wouldn't neccessarily start my Celtic Frost journey with that album.
I’ve already heard some CF songs before but they don’t have quite the biggest draw for me. Cole Lake is extremely rare at this point, though, so I definitely wanna purchase it it’s still there. Plus it’d be interesting to listen to, at the very least.

I saw Cold Lake at a local record store. I wanna buy it.
It sucks, but I guess it’s okay to buy if it’s cheap.

CF are one of my favorite bands ever. Very good and unique music. Still listening to the first three albums every now and then

Back