Caught Somewhere In Time

How good is Caught Somewhere in Time on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
So I had to revisit my least favourite classic Maiden-album.

Caught Somewhere in Time is an a absolutely relentless opener. This song is intense. Some of the performances are just phenomenal. In particular Nicko and Adrian deserve high praise. It's still lacking something from being at the level of Aces High or Moonchild, but I am on the SIT hype train now, so I will give it a 9/10.
Futuristic classic that comes form the past but will live beyond the future. I wish Maiden will play it live again (sadly, it was played only on the album tour..)/ 10/10.
This is some kind of prophetic shit.

Somewhere In Time is a peculiar album. It features some of my favorites, but also some of my least favorite songs. Bruce's voice took a beating during the WST and it is slightly noticeable. The guitar work on average isn't as interesting as on Powerslave, but the drumming is insane, especially on the opening track.

I tend to like the title tracks a lot and CSIT is not an exception. The lyrics for the chorus are rather uninspired, with the constant repeating of the same line (save the last one), something which will become more common as we go on, but it's hard to criticize it, when the melody is so anthemic. It's neat that the first time we hear the chorus line, it's during the intro of the song, but then after the song explodes with fierce intensity, so does the chorus rendition of that melody. Incredibly energetic and a shame that this song was ignored for literal decades. A 9.

Back