Can Iron Maiden last forever

Mysterio

Invader
Everyone has heard of Ringling Brothers Circus/James Bond.  These entertainments have stood the test of time and continue to do so. 

Can IM keep going forever?  Can they just play and replace members if they die off?  Can their be an IM 2050/3000?  New members just play the classic songs and make up new ones.  Even if Bruce/Steve/Dave/Nico/Adrian Janick die off?

Can the entity of IM last as musical legacy without an end.

Mysterio

Well, by 3000 only H will be left alive.  So, it's gonna be tough to keep the band going.

He might have to reincarnate the band.  But by then they'd all look like Eddie, so you really wouldn't be able to tell who was who, so they might end up with Nicko singing and Janick playing drums.

GuineaPig said:
Well, by 3000 only H will be left alive.  So, it's gonna be tough to keep the band going.

He might have to reincarnate the band.  But by then they'd all look like Eddie, so you really wouldn't be able to tell who was who, so they might end up with Nicko singing and Janick playing drums.

Been there, done that

Raven said:

Ha Ha, that was pretty good.

GuineaPig said:

Tho, since The Great Duality is immortal, They don't have to concern Themselves with death or reincarnation.

I was wondering where you had been.  Fasting in solitary, while contemplating the greatness of the Great Ones?

Wasted155 said:
I was wondering where you had been.  Fasting in solitary, while contemplating the greatness of the Great Ones?
Yes. Which reminds me. The Great Murray told me that he and The Great Gers is displeased with how we are progressing with our commandments. I say, 100 K THREAD NOW.

Oh, and back on topic. No Iron Maiden can't last forever. Were you serious when you asked that question?

I think they can last forever if the world freezes sometime around 2015 ;)

I am serious.  Kiss are thinking about keeping thier legacy going.  All I am talking is keeping the band and image of IM alive, even when the original members pass on. 

In other words our great grand kids will be able to see a band called Iron Maiden when they are if age.  Just like Kids now can see new James Bonds fillms being made.

Mysterio

When I saw the title I thought he meant last forever as in being remembered and listened to for 100's of years from now. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen, people will listen to them for a while to come but after the younger fans die off I think maiden will slowly be forgotten maybe they'll be in history books but who knows. As for your question I think the answers pretty obvious, I doubt Steve would ever want to do anything like that him and Gene Simmons are very different people and you cant relate Maiden to Bond flicks.......

Oh and speaking of wasted year's I think the one from this year's tour absolutely destroys the original and any versions of it from the 80's.

POM, I agree with what you said.

And, to add to it, Iron Maiden is far more than an 'entertainment'.  Their music is art.  Just because you dress someone up in spandex, give them a great bass line and some lyrics about war/history/a bird, it doesn't make them Maiden.  KISS, sure (sorry, SMX, they are fine, just not in my top 10). I just don't think you can duplicate what Iron Maiden is with out them. 

Bands that have become legendary always have fans that wish they could go on forever but it has never happened and I don't suspect ever will. I'm sure completely devout fans of the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and the Rolling Stones (although they still go on.... for now) have wondered and wished fore the same thing. Shit, now that I think about it, ESPECIALLY the Grateful Dead.

Your desires are understandable Mysterio, none of us wants to see them go but the fact is, the day will come eventually.

Back