Can I Play With Madness?

How good is Can I Play With Madness? on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
CIPWM's original version was a ballad called ''On The Wings Of Eagles'', written by Adrian.

I wish we could hear this version... (the classic line-up from the 80's do not have a proper ballad).

According to Dickinson, the accumulated question marks about
his future and growing fear, lead the young man to a prophet towards
search for answers. The prophet understands the fine nature and the
the young man's spiritual powers, as well as his ignorance of how to
he to use them. Fearing the consequences of realizing the
unprepared young man to mobilize his forces in the will of Satan,
avoids answering his questions. After a lot of pressure and
threats of the young man, foretells the certain condemnation of his soul to Hell,
as described in Revelation: (“But for the cowards
and infidels and abominations and murderers and prostitutes and magicians and
pagans and for all liars, their place will be in the lake
which burns with fire and brimstone […], 21: 8).
The symbol that accompanies the lyrics is the moon, the symbol is
which has at times been associated with both wisdom and paranoia. THE
English word "lunatic" ("crazy") has its roots
in the Latin word "luna" ("moon"). THE
Indo-European root for the words "moon"
and "mind" was the word "manas", "mana" or
"Men", which referred to her "wise blood"
"Great Mother", which they brought
"Lunar" women, women on whom
the influence of the moon prevailed. The way the
moon affects living beings is a lot
interesting and developing research field.
The symbol that accompanies his lyrics
track on the album insert
strongly reminiscent of "blood red"
moon of the Apocalypse of John,
as depicted in woodcut
one of the most important
Renaissance exponents in
Germany, by Albrecht Durer (1471 -
1528). This symbol has roots
of auburn set
acquires the moon at full
its eclipse.

Nice choice for a single. Chorus vocal dub is sweet. The way Bruce sings “in this world or the next” is so weird that I used to think Nicko did that line. Fun song. 7/10

Pointless fact No.2: I was in a Starbucks, in another city with a friend a couple of days after the ides of March and I was keeping pushing a door that had a "pull" sign. I got nervous and said what the fuck, my friend looked at me laughed at me, he said you don't need no key to unlock this door and pulled the door open himself.

True story :D

Seems that I like this song a bit more than most. It's a short rocker, doesn't take itself seriously, and is a great change of pace after Infinite Dreams. Just like Moonchild before we get a lot of leads during the chorus, only this time we have some vocal harmonies as well, which increases the score immediately for me. We have some ... interesting vocal choices in this song, but it all works out rather well, truth be told.

Not usually a fan of heavy use of cowbell, but it works. If the song were longer it would've turned out rather annoying though. The solo is quite short, but uses a lot of effects, maybe one of the reasons why it's so memorable. The pre-chorus riff is something we'll hear again later in Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter, or rather a variation on the same idea. Bit of a shame, since it's such a distinct riff and thus immediately sticks out, but that's a strike on BYDTTS, not on CIPWM. I'll give this one a 9.

Back