Buckethead

438802.jpg

This album started off pretty well, but quickly became... well, boring. Instead of doing something interesting it comes off more like "yo I'm gonna do acoustic shit!" There's a lot of wasted potential here, so I'm kinda sad about that.

Rating: 5/10
I thought you were listening to them in order? This is just stuff he recorded as a kid released by someone else. It's not really regarded as a proper album as such. Plus, it's the genesis of most of the 90's material, so isn't even faintly boring...

I thought you were listening to them in order? This is just stuff he recorded as a kid released by someone else. It's not really regarded as a proper album as such. Plus, it's the genesis of most of the 90's material, so isn't even faintly boring...
Ah, that makes a bit more sense now. See, I've been using the Metal Archives to figure out which album is next and this one came after Pepper's Ghost so I gave it a listen.

438668.jpg

I think the style of this album is pretty decent, and there's a lot of interesting things going on throughout, but it's not the best thing I've heard from him yet. Certainly not as good as Pepper's Ghost, even though they're fairly similar albums. Sail On Soothsayer is the highlight; not as good as Soothsayer but a fitting sequel.

Rating: 7/10

438679.jpg

After the past ones... I love this thing! I've always thought slugs were underrated little squiggly dudes and Buckethead knows his slugs. From the first track in you're hooked, and it does not let up. Amazing stuff. Very like.

Rating: 9/10

artwork.jpg

Apparently Robot Chicken stole this title for an episode they did? I don't watch Robot Chicken, I only listen to Buckethead... ANYWAY, good album. Not as good as Pepper's Ghost or Albino Slug, methinks, but enjoyable still. I liked it more as it progressed.

Rating: 8.5/10

Apparently Robot Chicken stole this title for an episode they did? I don't watch Robot Chicken, I only listen to Buckethead... ANYWAY, good album. Not as good as Pepper's Ghost or Albino Slug, methinks, but enjoyable still. I liked it more as it progressed.

Rating: 8.5/10
The Robot Chicken episode called "Slaughterhouse on the Prairie" was from S.3 aired in late 2007 though. Buckethead's album came out early 2009. It seems too like a normal Buckethead title to assume he liked the title & stole it. Coincidence maybe?

Huh, that's interesting. Maybe that's something to bring up in a future Bucket interview.

Buckethead-ForensicFollies.jpg

This is exactly what I'd want to hear from an album called "Forensic Follies". This is it. That said, maybe "Forensic Files" isn't exactly what I want to hear from Buckethead. I like the xenochrony idea but the album.... kinda drags. Maybe it'll grow on me. I hope Needle In A Slunk Stack is better. Oh well. Interesting endeavor, at least.

Rating: 6.5/10

Back