Bruce's Maiden England performance

I am guessing you need to kill the bear before you split up the fur, but if you do have to kill a Bear, I would suggest starting with Conte .. he has been pretty bad this year.

Oh I see, I did miss something. Well, for the first part I guess you have a point (although Ted Nugent may disagree - I don't think he's too fussy). On the second part, you've lost me completely I'm afraid ... :confused:.

Ah, american football. So Bears is a team and Conte is a player, is that it? I would never have got that. Sorry your joke was wasted on me but I bet there are plenty of other people on this board who did get it :)

Exactly, Chicago Bears at the team .. and where my username comes from .. Conte played like crap last game and not really all that well all year.

Well, I'd got as far as that your name was probably some sort of sports team reference, but I had no idea which sport it was - my knowledge of transatlantic sports is pretty much nil I'm afraid :). But as to your original joke I didn't even make the connection (doh!) I'm really having a bad day ...

Yeah, he was really on form that day - this is from the same performance. I love how for the first verse he isn't even using the microphone:
(It's not actually Revelations, it's the whole hymn he borrowed the first verse of for that song.)

I clearly had the idea Bruce was struggling with Run To The Hills, Aces High, and The Evil That Men do.

I clearly had the idea Bruce was struggling with Run To The Hills, Aces High, and The Evil That Men do.

I agree with 'Aces high' (he has always struggled with that one live), but not with the other two. He certainly was hitting some high notes in the chorus of 'Run to the hills' that he did not hit during the 80s...

Actually yes, his Run to the Hills chorus was goddamn phenomenal. Evil that Men Do doesn't really have many high notes, not like the other two mentioned songs. He did struggle on Aces High, but after playing for 80 minutes prior, that's to be expected.

He sounded amazing when i went to see him back in 2012, although he sounds exhausted on the videos I've seen of him during the 2013 shows (especially in Rock In Rio). Obviously running and jumping around while singing is exhausting in itself (I know I wouldn't be able to do what Bruce normally does on a nightly basis), but he did the same thing when i saw him, but he hardly sounded like he broke a sweat at the show I went to. And i thought he sounded fine with "Aces High" when I saw Maiden.

Last edited:
I'd got it into my head he was going to be slow and old, so it's fair to say I was quite dazzled seeing him for the first time last summer! He sounded okay on Aces High, if more gravelly than once he used to, and deliberately missed some of the high notes, filling in with a 'scream for me' more than once. ;)

He sounded amazing when i went to see him back in 2012, although he sounds exhausted on the videos I've seen of him during the 2013 shows (especially in Rock In Rio). Obviously running and jumping around while singing is exhausting in itself (I know I wouldn't be able to do what Bruce normally does on a nightly basis), but he did the same thing when i saw him, but he hardly sounded like he broke a sweat at the show I went to. And i thought he sounded fine with "Aces High" when I saw Maiden.

To be fair to Bruce, he had a cold in Rock in Rio.

He sounded pretty good at the European gigs I went to.

I'd got it into my head he was going to be slow and old, so it's fair to say I was quite dazzled seeing him for the first time last summer!
I didn't expect him to be old or slow and I was still dazzled. My night seeing Maiden last August was a rare example of an experience that was everything I wanted it to be - they didn't disappoint in any way, shape or form. Without doubt the most fun I have ever had in a single evening!

Back