Bruce Dickinson's best vocal performance

Night Prowler said:
Caught Somewhere In Time and Infinite Dreams.

Slow_Clap_RE_ITS_A_GIF_PARTY-s420x315-140048.gif

I agree with Where Eagles Dare (amazing range), Thin Line Between Love and Hate, Tallisman (unbelievable that he can still sing like that) and Hallowed (although I don't think it's his best vocal performance - it just fits a wonderful song wonderfully). I would also nominate Passchendale, which shows incredible emotion and depth, as well as the bit of ROTAM that starts with "The cursed live on in their eyes..." up to the scream. But for my money, I would say Revelations is his best. He takes it back from air-raid siren singing and metal monotony and conveys amazing feelings and complexity. And the seed is sown in a holy place...

Since he returned to Iron Maiden I think 'Face in the Sand' is his best vocal performance but there's too much to choose from his first incarnation as Maiden singer.

You're right

But the best/greatest vocal performance of all time is the unreleased demo of "Phantom Of The Opera" with Dennis Stratton on vocals. :edmetal:

No he isn't. Black Thunder worships false deities.

Mosh said:
No he isn't. Black Thunder worships false deities.

Such as Dennis Stratton? I don't see why people don't focus more on Michael Kenny, he's by far the most important member of Maiden.

Please, don't bring that vermin into the same thread where mighty Dennis Stratton rests (although he rests everywhere, but right now, he is here) (and no, he ISN'T dead).

Hallowed Be Thy Name
Dance of Death
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Sign of the Cross (Rock in Rio-version)

I have two answers here.

For recorded, I have to say 'Powerslave' - the backing vocals are to die for. Completely amazing and sweet. Can't get enough of that. (Miss you so much Mr. Birch)

and

For live, He is absoluely unbelieveable on 'Remember Tomorrow' - live at Ullevi    (check it on Youtube for yourself)

and if 'Powerslave' doesn't count because it is only the backing vocals,

may I add; 'The Legacy' and yes, he is completely amazing on 'Aces High' and he's pretty damn awesome on his own 'Gypsy Road' with Janick.

Too many choices...

CSiT, Breeg, Talisman (intro esp), Face in the Sand, Aces High, Dance of Death... and I'm a sucker for the softer things he's done - Journeyman, Arc of Space, Navigate the Seas of the Sun.

Live... Hallowed, Remember Tomorrow, Fear of the Dark

and of course, the Dance of Death clips where he sings "While I was wandering in the ever glades, gazing up Nicko's nose" and his Rainbow in the Dark performance with Dio where he makes up the words "I don't know the words to this.. (bit i forget) .. but it still rhymes". Not due to outstanding vocal work, just amusement!

Black Thunder said:
But the best/greatest vocal performance of all time is the unreleased demo of "Phantom Of The Opera" with Dennis Stratton on vocals. :edmetal:
Think you'll find it's Nicko's Losfer Words/Age of Innocence. Swig-a-dee-dee.

Dracula  :ninja:

ok.. id say studio its gotta be the talisman and like crimson idol said navigate the seas of the sun from his solo efforts and alot of chemical wedding. but he performs bloody well in studio anyway
live dance of death (DOTR and all live performances ive seen), Total eclipse (BOH... along with most of the show), i wont say wasted years from flight 666 because H kicks his ass right there  ;)

I'll do one from every album :)

The Number Of The Beast: Hallowed be Thy Name

Piece Of Mind: Where Eagles Dare

Powerslave: Aces High

Somewhere In Time: Wasted Years

Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son: Infinite Dreams

No Prayer For The Dying: Public Enema Number One

Fear Of The Dark: Be Quick or be Dead

Brave New World: The Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Dance Of Death: Montsegur

A Matter Of Life And Death: The Legacy

The Final Frontier: The Talisman

Oh and an awesome performance of "Remember Tomorrow" on his warm-up tour, if you have the bootleg you'll know what I'm talking about.

Back