Bruce Dickinson

Furthermore, All the Young Dudes, Gypsy Road and Hells on Wheels are pretty good too, and No Lies is a decent track. The album has some (sexist) stinkers (Dive! Dive! Dive!, Zulu Lulu and Lickin’ the Gun), but the good stuff makes the album pretty enjoyable, even though it is my least favourite of Bruce’s solo albums.

Some of the B-sides (Darkness be my Friend, Winds of Change) are great too and show a (fantastic) side of Bruce’s voice we had not heard at the time.

Both ''Return Of The King'' and ''Real World'' should have been in The Chemical Wedding album imo (not as bonus songs)...

The former is a classic from Smith/Dickinson with golden verses (riff, solos) and chorus and easily can replace one of the other two songs credited to this combo - ''Killing Floor'' (the worst song in the album imo).
The latter is a very heavy song with great verses and chorus and can replace another heavy song in the album - ''King In Crimson''.

Both ''Return Of The King'' and ''Real World'' should have been in The Chemical Wedding album imo (not as bonus songs)...

The former is a classic from Smith/Dickinson with golden verses, riff and chorus and easily can replace one of the other two songs credited to this combo - ''Killing Floor''.
The latter is a very heavy song with great verses and chorus and can replace another heavy song in the album - ''King In Crimson''.
Yeah, “Return Of The King” is a cracker.

“Real World” had recording issues, so it’s a half step too high and has crackling and clicking in the audio. If they’d re-recorded it that would have been cool, but I don’t know if it would have totally fit in stylistically on the album.

Also, no, you don’t get to get rid of “King In Crimson” or even “Killing Floor”, with its glorious harpsichord interlude! If something has to go, make it “Trumpets Of Jericho”…

I think the album has such a perfect flow and all of the songs are very strong, so there's absolutely no need to add any more stuff to it. Granted, Return of the King is a great song, but I wouldn't switch anything on the album for it. It's widely available and when listening to Bruce's music, it fits in perfectly to that kind of listening sessions, but I think The Chemical Wedding just doesn't need it to be there. Or Real World, for that matter, even if it was re-recorded. :)

Just my view on the matter, anyway! I'm glad people enjoy those bonus tracks too, they're quite good, at least Return of the King!

If something has to go, make it “Trumpets Of Jericho”…
Ho Ho, Jeremiah! What is this I´m reading?
No no no Noo! The Trumpets can´t gooo!
I thought you would have liked such a great song which has your nick nicely hidden into it.
Guess I was wrong about this song, King kang Kong Billabongdong blow my trumpets at you now! :lol:

Ho Ho, Jeremiah! What is this I´m reading?
No no no Noo! The Trumpets can´t gooo!
I thought you would have liked such a great song which has your nick nicely hidden into it.
Guess I was wrong about this song, King kang Kong Billabongdong blow my trumpets at you now! :lol:
LOL, the drunk posting thread is here!

Hadn’t associated it with my name, but you’re correct. It’s blasphemy that the worst song on the album has my nick in it!

Calling Tattooed Millionaire a great album feels like a stretch to me.
Question is - how we define great. My dad had this album in his car, I heard it hundreds of times and I think that its good, maybe even great. But its great at what its trying to do - being rock album not connected to Maiden.

Question is - how we define great. My dad had this album in his car, I heard it hundreds of times and I think that its good, maybe even great. But its great at what its trying to do - being rock album not connected to Maiden.
There is nothing even remotely great about garbage like “Lickin’ The Gun” and “Zulu Lulu”, whether it’s connected to Maiden or not.

I don't think TOS is a masterpiece, but in relation to a parallel discussion we're having, I think I can say it aged rather well and through the years, I've warmed up to some songs I didn't like initially.

Also, no, you don’t get to get rid of “King In Crimson” or even “Killing Floor”, with its glorious harpsichord interlude! If something has to go, make it “Trumpets Of Jericho”…
These are the only two songs which I don't like from the album. Btw, the other Smith/Dickinson song (''Machine Men'') has a great riff.

About ''Trumpets Of Jericho'' - I like the chorus and Adrian's solo is fantastic.

Back