Bruce Dickinson

The title track of Bruce's solo album form 2005 is listed as ''A Tyranny Of Souls'' (in Wikipedia) and ''Tyranny Of Souls'' (on the back of the CD) - which is true? The album is called TOS, so probably the latter....

...although, (for example) the album is called The Chemical Wedding but the title track is without ''The''.
because Steve has the copyright of that word :lol:

The title track of Bruce's solo album form 2005 is listed as ''A Tyranny Of Souls'' (in Wikipedia) and ''Tyranny Of Souls'' (on the back of the CD) - which is true? The album is called TOS, so probably the latter....

...although, (for example) the album is called The Chemical Wedding but the title track is without ''The''.

Basically, what @GhostofCain says - always take what the CD says over Wikipedia. This isn't a jab at Wikipedia, it's just the basic principle that if there is a conflict of information, the information from the primary source (the CD cover, authored or authorised by Bruce) takes precedence over the secondary source (what somebody else wrote about it). I could write for two hours about the "buts", "ifs" and "supposedlys" about this (my dissertation deals with such questions at great length), but in a case as inconsequential as this, it's the most reasonable way to go about it.

Having said that - my CD cover lists the track title as A Tyranny of Souls. I bought it right when it was released in 2005, so I can only imagine the track title changed in a re-release or that different issues wrote the track title differently. I saw that the 2017 vinyl reissue omits the A. So both versions are officially sanctioned. The version with A seems to have been the original one, the one without seems to be the one that is now being promoted. In that case, it's really your decision what you prefer. In my collection, I list the track as A Tyranny of Souls because that's what I'm used to and because it helps distinguish the track from the album title.

My copy doesn't even have the damn song on it.
How the hell does that work?

—————————

Digital versions also drop the “a”, but I call it “A Tyranny of Souls” because, like Perun said, that was most likely the original and also it just sounds cooler.

I love how Cisco and Apple are cross jerking their capitalist cocks, Cisco trademarked "IOS" and Apple licensed the trademark.
IOS stands for I/O system. It's so generic, it's worse than a construction company trademarking "Armoured Concrete Solution".

Nintendo on the other hand Nitendidn't.

This is a curious moment in time (because of those trousers he is not in Rainbow... Maiden were lucky :lol:)

''Ritchie Blackmore allegedly was considering me as a singer in Rainbow. I got a phone call in the middle of the night, when I was in a band called Samson, and it was Ritchie’s guitar roadie. He asked, ‘Are you interested in a job singing for Rainbow?’ I went, ‘Of course I am!’ And that was it, that was the last I ever heard of it. I asked later, ‘Was that for real? Was that a wind-up?’ They said ‘It was under discussion, but there was something to do with your trousers. He objected to the trousers you wore.''

And more interesting stuff:

Bruce about the album and his cover of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath: ''Black Sabbath was the second album I bought in an auction, after Deep Purple In Rock. Sabbath went through a few transitions, then they came out with this album, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, which was just immense. To me it’s one of the best rock albums of all time.''

''I’m guilty as charged, I did a terrible cover of this song because somebody offered me money. I was out of Maiden and short of a few quid so I went, ‘Yeah, go on then’. It just proved that you should never try and cover legendary things. They should just stay legendary.''

This is a curious moment in time (because of those trousers he is not in Rainbow... Maiden were lucky :lol:)

''Ritchie Blackmore allegedly was considering me as a singer in Rainbow. I got a phone call in the middle of the night, when I was in a band called Samson, and it was Ritchie’s guitar roadie. He asked, ‘Are you interested in a job singing for Rainbow?’ I went, ‘Of course I am!’ And that was it, that was the last I ever heard of it. I asked later, ‘Was that for real? Was that a wind-up?’ They said ‘It was under discussion, but there was something to do with your trousers. He objected to the trousers you wore.''

And more interesting stuff:

Bruce about the album and his cover of Sabbath Bloody Sabbath: ''Black Sabbath was the second album I bought in an auction, after Deep Purple In Rock. Sabbath went through a few transitions, then they came out with this album, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath, which was just immense. To me it’s one of the best rock albums of all time.''

''I’m guilty as charged, I did a terrible cover of this song because somebody offered me money. I was out of Maiden and short of a few quid so I went, ‘Yeah, go on then’. It just proved that you should never try and cover legendary things. They should just stay legendary.''
Wow, I actually really dug their cover of SBS. But then again, I've never been a Sabbath fan, so can't say one way or another if Bruce besmirched the original version or not. Considering Ozzy sang on the original, probably not.

c119a2b5-b668-4dc7-a107-71070ebc93b1-jpeg.14363

Taken from the Maiden Instagram page. What the hell.
Promo pic for his book sequel, What Does This Crack Pipe Do?

Back