Bruce Dickinson

Didn't Bruce at some point mention that Paddy did not want their private lives shared with the readership? I seem to remember reading that in some of the interviews with Bruce to promote the book (I might be mistaken).

The dedication of the book ("To Paddy, Austin, Griffin and Kia. If eternity should fail, you will still be there") is somewhat poignant considering how quickly things apparently changed after the release of the book.

Didn't Bruce at some point mention that Paddy did not want their private lives shared with the readership? I seem to remember reading that in some of the interviews with Bruce to promote the book (I might be mistaken).

The dedication of the book ("To Paddy, Austin, Griffin and Kia. If eternity should fail, you will still be there") is somewhat poignant considering how quickly things apparently changed after the release of the book.
I didn't even think of the dedication. Maybe that's what Brittany was talking about when she said she was excluded from his book.

It would make sense if Paddy was the one who wanted everything excluded since she was clearly not okay with that situation.

Hi everyone,

You folks can probably tell me in 10 seconds rather than trawling through Google!

Is there a vinyl of "Accident of Birth" available with Ghost of Cain on it?

This is a GREAT song, I don't know why it's only on the international CD together with the rest of the album.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

You folks can probably tell me in 10 seconds rather than trawling through Google!

Is there a vinyl of "Accident of Birth" available with Ghost of Cain on it?

This is a GREAT song, I don't know why it's only on the international CD together with the rest of the album.

Thanks

I don't think so. The track was available as a CD-single B-side and as a bonus track on the Japan and USA Accident of Birth CD releases.

Edit: The song was not available on vinyl on the album, but can be found as a B-side of the 12" for Accident of Birth

Surprisingly cheap on Discogs. I would’ve expected something like that to be a rare collectors item. Even the original press of the album isn’t that bad.

Other side could be, they want to give good anecdotes which couldn't necessarily be done live, they would take too long to type. Still, would be decent if someone was there to add the odd live comment/interaction.

Bruce could made some stuff like this or a kind of video podcast through the pandemic and lockdown…I don't know, talking about his favorite music albums or artists, funny anecdotes over the years in Maiden or solo, history anecdotes, or just talking and answering some people comments like Fish did or that guy has done in twitter. It would works and it would have been an entertainment thing for all the fans. Except Adrian, anybody opened his mouth, we'll see the twitter thing tonight.

If I could ask a question about Powerslave, it would be how Bruce went about writing Flash of the Blade, particularly the instrumental. Did he have certain melodic ideas in mind to direct the guitarists or did he just have a general structural skeleton?

"And guys for the instrumental I thought something in this vibe"

Back