Bruce Dickinson

All of you who have read "What Does This Button Do?" know how carefully Bruce wrote about his private life. At one point in the book (probably early 80's) he stopped mentioning people from his private life and kept stuck to that rule until the end (I think he mentioned being divorced was boring, but I could've mistaken that info from some interview).

I think it's very hard to write about oneself without mentioning people that mean a lot to you in everyday life and Bruce managed to zig-zag around that topic throughout the rest of the book. I mean, if you didn't know anything about Bruce, you couldn't even guess that he had kids (first and only time I stumbled upon that info was in the IM album booklets where he thanked his kids. And unfortunately, when some of them matured enough to open for Maiden.)

I've read the article and you can see that something ugly happened there, but it very sad that someone has to resort to selling his/hers story to tabloids to get someone's attention. And yes, I've always looked down when it comes to taking dirty laundry to the public. So what Mr. LC said.
depth speculation without evidence should be avoided.

I know his daughter mentions being left out of his book as an issue for her but he specifically addresses why he doesn't mention the private lives of other people in the book, i.e. it's not his place to divulge information about other people, which I think is fair enough.

Yea, as far as I recall Bruce doesn’t bring up folks in his personal life such as wives, kids, etc. or does just barely. It makes sense that the girl from this article also wouldn’t be in this book and I don’t see that as some indictment against her or him.

Let's not beat around the bush:

it IS about his personal life. Since that is not the greatest propaganda (understatement of the century) he had to offer, he rather left it out.

I’ve never checked out one of those Twitter listening parties but I’m intrigued by this one. Good album selection, classic but not over talked about like NOTB and a fair share of deep cuts.

Let's not beat around the bush:

it IS about his personal life. Since that is not the greatest propaganda (understatement of the century) he had to offer, he rather left it out.
Being fair, he left out everything about his personal life. He doesn't ever mention meeting/marrying Jane or Paddy, doesn't even mention how his first son inspired "Laughing in the Hiding Bush," literally nobody in his family exists in that book beyond his grandfather. It was a complaint I had when I read the book. As somebody who loves rockstar tell-alls, I was very disappointed by his exclusion of those details, especially when Jane is alluded to in The Dirt.

That being said, in light of the rather saucy details of his life leaking out these last few years, I can absolutely believe he left out his whole family in order to hide one member.

(Apologies if I'm skirting the line here on discussing his personal life.)

Back