Bruce Dickinson

Put on The Mandrake Project this morning for the first time in awhile (the outstanding new Priest album that came out the week after this has dominated my time since) and I still like it. I don't love it but I do like it.

Shadow of the Gods is still far and away my favorite tune. I kind of wish it ended there as Sonata is a cool idea I guess but doesn't feel like a closer.

Glad this album exists even though it's not perfect. I'm curious where Bruce goes from here if in fact another album ever materializes.

Shadow of the Gods is still far and away my favorite tune. I kind of wish it ended there as Sonata is a cool idea I guess but doesn't feel like a closer.
Shadow Of The Gods indeed sounds like a proper album closer. But Sonata also feels like a closer imo, kind of like a long outro. Eternal is a similar example, or Jerusalem for that matter. Both are classic slow songs, btw.
Glad this album exists even though it's not perfect. I'm curious where Bruce goes from here...
Agreed.

Yeah I wish he would skip Lauging in the Hiding Bush, I would also like to get rid of Gods of War. Three song from Balls is way to much

So just because of that. Here is my 15 song Bruce setlist. Less Balls, no Frankenstein. A few songs rotating. Trying to keep it close to the real setlist.

1. Accident of Birth
2. Abduction / Souls Intruders
3. Starchildren
4. Afterglow of Ragnarök
5. Chemical Wedding
6. Mistress of Mercy
7. Rain of the Graves
8. Tears of the Dragon
9. King in Crimson
10. Darkside of Aquarius / The Alchemist
11. Shadow of the Gods
12. Book of Thel
Encore
13. Jerusalem / Navigate the Seas of the Sun
14. A Tyranny of Souls
15. The Tower / Road to Hell

I was at the Porto Alegre show last night and everything was great, from Bruce and the entire band's performance to the setlist. The audience was very lively, despite it being small (around 40% of the seats were not occupied).

The only negative point of the night was when Bruce gave an unnecessary scolding to two boys who opened one of the side doors, shouting and swearing. This was a negative surprise.

The only negative point of the night was when Bruce gave an unnecessary scolding to two boys who opened one of the side doors, shouting and swearing. This was a negative surprise.

I don't get it. That a long-time professional like him loses his temper so often; that he has never prepared/practiced how to react appropriately/humorously when someone in the audience does something that disturbs him.
You rarely hear of such incidents with other singers and if you do, it's usually because they are/were going through a difficult period in their lives (i.e. alcohol/drug problems).

Back