Bruce Dickinson

What is this?
It is a book fully dedicated to the album Back In Black, and it was written by Philippe Lageat, the editor-in-chief of Rock Hard France, Vanessa Girth, the head of all things visual of said magazine and Baptiste Brelet, another AC/DC fan and writer. The three have previously collaborated on two massive volumes on AC/DC's concerts in France and also one about Hellfest festival. Those are real quality books!
Bruce wrote the preface.
You can still order it here:
https://rockhardshop.fr/index.php?i...te=0&rewrite=book-in-black&controller=product :)

It is a book fully dedicated to the album Back In Black, and it was written by Philippe Lageat, the editor-in-chief of Rock Hard France, Vanessa Girth, the head of all things visual of said magazine and Baptiste Brelet, another AC/DC fan and writer. The three have previously collaborated on two massive volumes on AC/DC's concerts in France and also one about Hellfest festival. Those are real quality books!
Bruce wrote the preface.
You can still order it here:
https://rockhardshop.fr/index.php?i...te=0&rewrite=book-in-black&controller=product :)
Thank You very much for all the info!!!

Some curious bits from this interview:

Bruce didn't feel the need to re-produce the stuff he's done in the past with the new album. And TCW is a special album anyway. His goal with his solo albums is to make the songs different (! without trying too hard), authentic (with his voice), and the storytelling should be represented with the music. It's a solo album, but it's a band to him. He works pretty quickly in the studio for the vocals and enjoys comping up with ideas and stories for the songs.

He said they made TOS knowing that they couldn't do any kind of promotion for it. This album is a like a continuation of TCW and everything for him, and was like a mandatory album to make/release.

He thinks TCW is one of the most influential albums of its decade.

It´s a very good album indeed. But That decade had it´s most influential records made in the USA for sure.
I´m pretty much convinced thet very little people, if any, besides the IM fans even know about the album. Which is indeed a shame!

Agreed. I think there's a large proportion of Maiden fans who've never even heard it, never mind the general public.

Also, something being influential doesn't necessarily mean good either. A lot of the most influential albums of the 90s were shite albums influencing shite people to form shite bands.

Back