5) Tattooed Millionaire
6) Balls To Picasso
7) Skunkworks

1-Chemical
2-Accident
3- Tyranny
4- BTP-Skunkworks- Mandrake
7- Tattoed

Difficult to choose between BTP-Skunkworks and Mandrake.
BTP is not a great album but has some great songs. Skunkworks was an ambitious project but not my cup of Tea. Mandrake is just ok with some good songs and new ideas.

Last edited:
Poor Skunkworks getting disrespected once again... :p
No, it's a fine album for its genre, much like Queensryche's Hear in the Now Frontier is. I just don't like grunginess. Not putting it in the last place is rather a testament to its relative quality.

No, it's a fine album for its genre, much like Queensryche's Hear in the Now Frontier is. I just don't like grunginess.
That's fair! and wrong. I'm not the biggest grunge fan (Alice In Chains is great, though arguably a metal band, Pearl Jam has a great debut album), but something about Skunkworks really does it for me.

1) The Chemical Wedding
2) Accident of Birth
3) The Mandrake Project*
4) Tyranny of Souls
5) Balls to Picasso
6) Tattooed Millionaire
7) Skunkworks

*The last 2 are masterpieces. We can already call them Bruce classics

Let’s hope those ideas are good, because Bruce gave us gems like Tibet, Over and Out, and Cadillac Gas Mask when exploring new ideas (brainfarts would be a better description for those). :D
Those are all decent songs! At the lower end of the Bruce quality spectrum, but it’s cool to hear his voice take on genres outside of his wheelhouse and they’re all catchy.

I’ve heard TMP once and will wait for my copies to arrive before I dive in further. The production is iffy and certain songs do feel a bit incomplete, but Bruce puts in a good performance and there are a lot of little details that I’m excited to pick up on further. I can already say that “Afterglow of Ragnarok” and “Rain on the Graves” work better within the album as a whole, and there are songs that are leagues above them hiding in the tracklist.

Let’s hope those ideas are good, because Bruce gave us gems like Tibet, Over and Out, and Cadillac Gas Mask when exploring new ideas (brainfarts would be a better description for those). :D
I'm actually trying to assemble an "album" of album-quality B-sides Bruce has come up with and somehow make it flow and feel like an album. Surprisingly, none of these masterpieces made the cut. :lol:

That said, it's interesting that Bruce has been asked about his '93 departure again recently, and admitted to having no idea what to do outside of Maiden. No surprise that he recorded two scrapped albums before Balls to Picasso, and you can quite literally see him flailing around in every direction on these cut tracks for some form of a new identity. A few good songs did come out of it, though. I still have some morbid curiosity to hear what other tracks he recorded from the Keith Olsen and Skin sessions that he didn't release as B-sides for the Balls singles.

I'm actually trying to assemble an "album" of album-quality B-sides Bruce has come up with and somehow make it flow and feel like an album.
I've said a few times that turning Balls to Picasso into a double album and including most of the extra material would be an interesting thought experiment. As far as a unified album of bonus tracks goes, I could see something like this working if you just stuck to the Roy Z material:

1. Broken
2. Wicker Man
3. Real World
4. Silver Wings
5. Return of the King
6. The Ghost of Cain
7. Eternal
8. Acoustic Song

I've said a few times that turning Balls to Picasso into a double album and including most of the extra material would be an interesting thought experiment. As far as a unified album of bonus tracks goes, I could see something like this working if you just stuck to the Roy Z material:

1. Broken
2. Wicker Man
3. Real World
4. Silver Wings
5. Return of the King
6. The Ghost of Cain
7. Eternal
8. Acoustic Song
All of those are on my playlist so far except for Ghost of Cain, which was included in the tracklist of the US release of AoB, so it's never really struck me as a bonus track, even though it kind of is.

I might have to look at a Z-centric album and then maybe cobble together some pre-Z stuff. In an earlier iteration, I think it was the Skunkworks stuff that threw the whole experiment off flow-wise, but yeah, sticking to the Z stuff does make the job way easier.

Back