Bruce Dickinson

The vocal production, specially on the pre chorus, annoys me. I really can't judge the song; parts are amazing, but, the production value is making me not concentrate on the whole of the song.

Okay IESF confuses me. I knew the intro would be more or less the same (wow, those post-production tweaks helped it a fucking ton on the album version, thank God they didn't pull a Satellite 15 this time and literally use the demo as-is) but I'm pretty goddamn sure a bunch of the vocal takes are literally the same ones that are on TBOS. What the fuck? That's weird!
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Not sure if I'm just imagining it, and some lyrics were changed (plus a whole verse that was added), but some of the lines sound (nearly?) identical to the TBOS version.

Edit: ^^^ Everyone gets to play guitar, whether they like it or not!

Last edited:
Well, cheesy video as everyone has already said. If it was telling a story then I had no fucking idea what the story is :D

As for the song itself I really liked it. Nice and heavy and the main song riff was giving me serious hall of the mountain king by Savatage vibes. Solo was ok, would have liked that expanded a bit more as it felt like it was just shoved in the song to say it’s got a solo.

As others have said too the drums sounded very robotic. Didn’t bother me too much but it was very average bog standard metal drumming, no frills and not adding anything to the song but taking anything away from it either.

Bruce sounded great. This was definitely a song written by a vocalist as it was great to hear him soaring in parts and not trying to spit out 50 words a second on lyrics Steve Harris has written lol.

Also loved the chorus, very catchy.

Overall a solid song. I’ve listen to it a few times now and it’s a definite 7/10 for me but can see it creeping up to an 8.

Can’t wait for the full album and to see him in London next year on his solo tour :shred:

EDIT: one thing I forgot to mention was the production. Overall ok but Bruce’s voice was too low down in the mix. After watching the video I listened to it in Apple Music and they’ve put it up in Dolby Amos which is fucking annoying.

I love Dolby atmos on films but it makes very little sense for music. I mean you can’t listen in Dolby atmos on any headphones, even apples own air pod pros or AirPod max do not have Dolby atmos capabilities so Bruce’s voice sounds super quiet. I listened through my Apple TV box with my pair of connected home pods and it sounded superb and could hear Bruce clearly as they are Dolby atmos speakers. Minor gripe but I’ll be listening to this mainly on the go through headphones and will have to keep fiddling with the settings now when I listen to this.

Last edited:
That is weird
Quick, somebody figure out what 80s Maiden song it's actually pulling the credits from and merging them with the Ragnarok ones. The vocals part suggests it could only be CIPWM but I think that's just the writer field somehow ending up in the wrong spot.

e: It's DWYBO btw, I checked to see if any engineers matched any IM album credits and Bruce Buchhalter was on PoM, Powerslave and SiT but obviously only the first has a song credited to all three of Smith, Dickinson, Harris. Oh yeah and Frank Gibson is also only on the first two. Strange how the credits of two completely unrelated songs from different artists got jumbled together.

Last edited:
The song itself is nice enough but it sounds a little awkward to me. Not sure if my ears are playing tricks but Bruce sounds ever-so-slighty out of time with the music for a lot of it. Has the feel of a demo that's been hastily banged out rather than something that's been carefully worked on since 2005.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Not sure if I'm just imagining it, and some lyrics were changed (plus a whole verse that was added), but some of the lines sound (nearly?) identical to the TBOS version.

Edit: ^^^ Everyone gets to play guitar, whether they like it or not!

Where can one listen to the If Eternity Should Fail demo?

Afterglow of Ragnarok...

Quite catchy, even!

The song is nice. Can't stretch myself into any deeper or better analysis at the moment. I'm very happy with it.

The video was...

...well, what I expected! Cheesy as fuck, with some Dr. Who and such thrown in, at least attempted.

I honestly don't think it's that bad for what it is, but that might be just because it turned out to be almost exactly what I expected.

As said, cheesy as fuck. But in a very... warm, ridiculously sympathetic way, very much in the vein of Bruce's earlier music videos and such. I'm just glad to live along with The Mandrake Project hype and enjoy the ride, haha.

(Yes, the video is silly, but...)

[Verse 1]
I am your very soul
For what you do not know
I am the truth that's playing hide and seek
And I will not be free
I cannot choose to be
Till my creator takes the chains off me

[Pre-Chorus]
All has come to nothing
All will burn in hell
Now the bridge is broken