Bruce Dickinson

What we know so far for Bruce's upcoming new album:

- it will be a concept album and it will be called If Eternity Should Fail.

- and we know 2 songs from it: his version of IESF (the title track) and the other song is ''Nightmare'' - Steve also liked this song, but it is co-written with Roy Z and that's why he did not asked Bruce for it. If Steve wanted it, then it is certain that it would be a great song.

We do not really know if those initial plans have changed. Anyway, back in 2013 Bruce did demo 6 songs for the solo album. One of them was If Eternity Should Fail. Nightmares was another one and, as you said, one that Steve liked for the Maiden album but could not be used as a result of it being co-written with Roy Z.

Last edited:
Maiden where in the doghouse at that time so no surprise to see media articles talking like that. The same media were telling us at that time that Korn and One Minute Silence were great and giving as much space to Eminem and the Prodigy as they were actual metal bands.

Maiden where in the doghouse at that time so no surprise to see media articles talking like that. The same media were telling us at that time that Korn and One Minute Silence were great and giving as much space to Eminem and the Prodigy as they were actual metal bands.

If the comments about The X Factor and Virtual XI were indeed made by Martin Poppoff, then they had nothing to do with liking any of the bands you mentioned.

Some song titles suggestions for Bruce's solo album:

''If Eternity Should Fail''

1.The Shaman
2.Soul Taker
3.Nightmare
4.Mage
5.The Abyss Below
6.The Underground/Underworld
7.The Evil Machine
8.Crystal Moon
9.Necropolis
10.If Eternity Should Fail

Did Bruce ever say if IESF was intended as the opening track? I am certain I read somewhere that it's the title track of the album, but not sure if it also was intended as the opener.

Did Bruce ever say if IESF was intended as the opening track? I am certain I read somewhere that it's the title track of the album, but not sure if it also was intended as the opener.

I don't think he ever said it, but given the narrative in the lyrics it would make sense that it's the opening track.

I read some interviews, he said that this song was an introduction to a character that will be described through the album, but my memory can be wrong. Only thing about this song that I can now find is this:

"And a bit like [Dickinson's 1989 solo song] 'Bring Your Daughter To The Slaughter' [laughs], it got commandeered for IRON MAIDEN. So if I did do another solo album, which I think I will, I might just stick to my original plan and have that as the title track. I mean, I did write it — it was the first track that I wrote for it. So, yeah, I'd probably still include that song. But it would be… the feel would be slightly different — not very much, though — from the MAIDEN version."
So it was a first track for this album but is it was first written of meant to be first on tracklist - who knows.

Back