Bruce Dickinson video interviews / shows

This is a great interview. Shame, he didn't put this story into the book, because I think it wouldn't offend anyone in his family.

Ignore the dumb title of the vid, this is a concert recording (audio only): Batschkapp, Frankfurt, Germany (8 November 1998).
I saw him 19 days later. :) During Tears of the Dragon (32nd minute!) he says "Scream for me Frankfurt Batschkapp!" and awesome Adrian solo follows!

Some The Guru "passages" on Dave's 2nd Powerslave solo are straight up ear shattering.

20 years ago, Bruce made an end to his solo career. He still managed to do:
- five concerts in 1999
- an awesome "best of" and six concerts in 2002
- 1 studio album in 2005
- 1 dvd package in 2006

But that's it really. 1 album. Nothing in this interview, done two days before his last show with his band (including Adrian), pointed out his creative output was going to be so small. On the contrary.

1999.04.23, Curitiba, Brazil - Bruce Dickinson & Adrian Smith Interview

Last edited:
Do concerts he has been present as a guest artist count as solo stuff or not? The Canterbury cathedral one was pretty mind-blowing and he played some solo stuff there live. :D

You are missing the Scream for me Sarajevo package from that list (I know it does not include any new creative material though but the film has some previously unreleased live music), but yes, the lack of solo material is the only downside I can think of following him rejoining Maiden.

Being someone who followed his solo career with great interest and passion, I find that it is a bit of a shame.

Reactions: Jer
Possibly this has much more to do with flying planes etc. than Maiden.

True that. For 10 years he was moonlighting as a first officer and then captain for Astraeus and following the demise of the company he has spent a considerable amount of time (and money) in Cardiff Aviation.

An interview with a lesser known person who has played with Bruce. Myke Gray had an interesting career and I recommend seeing all interview parts.
In this one he talks a little about how he met Bruce and about how glad he is that he had Smallwood and Taylor as managers.
(@GhostofCain et al.)

Last edited:
An interview with a lesser known person who has played with Bruce. Myke Gray had an interesting career and I recommend seeing all interview parts.
In this one he talks a little about how he met Bruce and about how glad he is that he had Smallwood and Taylor as managers.
(@GhostofCain et al.)

Thanks, nice find.

Interesting interview. Funnily enough Myke Gray mentions only playing on the Keith Olsen album, when he was also the guitar played who played on the first version of what became Balls to Picasso (the one produced by Chris Tsangarides). :lol:

Back